1 liter bike questions.. .. i sold my zx6r..

you ran snigg also do a wheelie at 5mph without the clutch…clutch allows yo more control and you know exactly when it will come up with a clutch. power wheelie too easy to flip

wait for the yamaha 800 to come out and own everyone

Litre bikes are where its at, not really much need to shift once you get rolling, they have enough torque to stay in 1 gear and just roll it on. As far as clutching to get a litre bike up on one wheel, not true at all. I could easily bring up my R1 in 3rd on a stand-up just rolling it on, it would come up in 4th but you had to snap it a little. I think the GSXR1000 is the best all around litre bike out there, loads of power, good handling and one of the more comfortable rider friendly bikes.

never said you cant power wheelie. just saying most prefer clutch and once you go clutch you usually perfer that method. you dont see many or hardly any stunters powering wheelies up. all use clutch method

AMEN

fuckng squids own gixxers

stereotype! Thats like me saying Honda streetbikes are slow… but then again, that wouldnt be a stereotype :slight_smile:

We already raced… remember? 10.8 vs 11.2, 750 vs 1000rr :3some: :love:

10.6> 10.8

but squids do ride gixxers

lets go play in the twisties and then lets see where your little girls bike stands

I dont remember a 10.6 when we raced :blue:

Honestly tho… 2 10th of a difference between a 750 and 1000… you gotta remember, I only took my bike to the track 1 time in my life and that was when I raced you, then I sold the bike. So im sure if I had some track time in like you that my bike woulda ran a 10.6

yea i hear ya on that one also, now i ride better then i did back then. i was still nursing a broken rib back then

i dont want to buy into the stereo type here, but its true…ppl who have no buisness on a bike, that just want one always seem to buy Suzukis. those things are everywhere. not to say, i dont think they are sweet, cause they are. cant cut on a Honda either, they are great bikes. if i was buyin a bike right now, being as it isnt in the budget, then i’d be on a 03-06 CBR600RR. now if money was not an issue, then i’d have a new R1 or if dealing with just 600s, then a new R6. but if they put these 800s into production soon, then i’d def want that.

I’ll say that the sterotype on gixxers is “mostly” true. While you will find many “squids”, “stainers” and first time riders on gixxers “much” of the time, there is still that philosophy of win on Sunday at the track sell on Monday in the shop and let’s face it the Zuk’s have dominated AMA classes for several years and done well in World Superbike as well (although their GP effort is a joke). They’ve definitely put the engneering time in to build a good bike, but at the same time, their marketing seems to just appeal to the stainer/squid group with the whole bigger, better, faster, more advertising.

I’m also really hoping to see 800’s on the market as well, or even a watered-down version in a 7-750 size. A bike like that could be very interesting. If Yamaha came out with another R7, I’d be first in line, hell, even if I could find an older OW02 R7 I’d consider selling a child for it (limited production, only made in 99-00 and still costing in the $20k range today - if you can find one).

Honda makes a great all-around bike, not the fastest in a straight line, but great handling, plenty fast and reliable as hell. There is so little difference between the jap’s liters that it all comes down to rider.

Anyway, for my next bike I really don’t want a literbike (though I’m on the fence), so I’m debating an 07 600RR or the Gix 750, but I hate the Gixx stereotype. Is Yamaha actually designing an 800 and when might we see that, haqr? And which kid would you sell for it?

supposedly yamaha is pretty far along with theirs from gp testing and such. i tried to search the office real quick for the magazine we had that talked about it in good detail. all i could find was a cycle news with a small side-bar about the bike. basically the assume its a shorter-stroked version of the R1? i dunno, ive been wanting a street bike for awhile and i’d take a r6 or r1 in a second and if this one comes out thatd be the perfect bike and i’d def be trying to get one.

As you know, anyone involved with the GP class has been working on 800cc’s for the 07 season, it’s all speculation at this point as to how much of that technology will filter into the open market. The YZR-M1 hasn’t been offered to the public yet (and doesn’t really look to be), but some of that technology is in the R1. At this point we can only hope and pray (to every god in existence) that the 800cc GP machines will bring a resurgance to the 750 class. I think the Suzuki Cup is the only series that is specifically for the 750, and only for their own machines - and I can’t even say that is still going.

I beleive that Yammy is pretty far along with their program, and I think that Ducati is leading the pack as I’m pretty sure they actually tested a prototype a couple of months back, which is not surprising as they have generally always made “odd” sized bikes (not your typical 600 and 1000’s) - they were producing 800cc bikes as recently as 03. The last 750 made by Yamaha was 01 (the R7 which was basically a stripped down race bike to begin with) so in production terms, their last 750 was '98, which was my beloved YZF, produced from 93-94 and 96-98, the last design change coming in 95 for the 96 season. The YZF750 actually started as a race bike way back in 88-89 and it took until 93 for Yamaha to put it into production - hopefully, it won’t take that long for things to trickle down to the rest of us this time around.

As for which one, it would be the oldest one, and for that 750 WORKS bike I linked on BPN, I’d consider selling two.