K&N air filter

I was reading up on cold are intakes and stuff… but wondered, is replacing my stock air filter with the $50.00 K&N worth it ???

No. A generic open element filter will do more than a K&N replacement inside of the factory box, generally speaking.

you will probably gain a minimum of 45hp at the crank with a drop in k&n filter, those things are badass.

it is worthless the only reason i purchased on for my si is cause the only other one avilable is the factory honda and it was 30 the k&n one was 35

Nothing but <3 for K&N here just for the simple fact you never have to replace it.

I’ll let you see mine in the fenderwell, looks like I drove thru a coal mine, def needs replaced

My K&N on my fenderwell is looking pretty rough in my GP as well. I am gonna make a Wizair style box to relocate it to.

About once every six month’s do you clean / re-oil it?

They don’t need replaced. Just cleaned.

the 50 bucks is worth it for the gas mileage increase!! It’s in my Accent, won’t ever expect this car to win any races. lol

do you actually think your gas mileage will increase by putting in a new air filter?

It has increased… I won’t know how much till the next fill up. but so far I have more miles then normal on this tank.