Kaaz 1.5 & 2 way Differentials

ONIJDM.com is proud to announce that we are the Canadian Distributor of Kaaz High Performance Differentials for Nissans and other vehicles. Kaaz differentials come in 1.5 way and 2 way setups. They are made in Japan and are commonly used in drifting. We currently use it with great success on our drift Skyline.

If you are interested in purchasing one; or have any further questions; please email parts@onijdm.com

Thanks!
Mitch

INFO:

http://www.kaazusa.com/images/products/clutch_Plates.gif

Features of Kaaz LSD

Kaaz LSD is the pioneer in the large sized clutch plate design (Figure 1). It’s effectiveness and durability has been proven at the race scene throughout the world.

Figure 1.
Clutch plates

Kaaz “Basic” and our new “Solid LSD” models react fast without fail and have a wide range of adjustments available to suit different drivng conditons. We use the largest friction plates size possible and also increase the number of plates to gain maximum performance. As a result, when compared with other LSD brands, you will find that a Kaaz LSD offers the following advantages:

* The sensitive LSD will work even when the slightest torque is applied.
* Increased ability to transfer power from the engine to the ground without loss.
* The power acting on the plates is reduced so that abrasion on the plates are protected.
* Increased number of friction plates greatly improves abrasion efficiency and heat capacitance of the plates. Longer plate wear life.
* Not only the friction plates, but all parts of our LSD have been improved and made larger, so the overall strength of the main body is increased.

These merits gives the LSD near perfect efficiency, stable operation and long lasting outstanding control for you. For a better understanding, you can view the exploded view photo of the Kaaz LSD to see the overall product construction.

Smooth locking ability and stable drivability

Kaaz has noticed a great advantage in the use of cone springs to apply the initial torque to the clutch plates. For this reason, we still use the cone spring design like the day our first production run was made. This is a long proven design.

The cone spring is generally known to provide pressure when compressed. Normally the initial resistance is soft but as more pressure is applied the resistance increases quickly. Understanding this cone spring’s character and pressure build up, our engineers have achieved a unique design to provide the smoothest engagement and locking ability into our LSD units.

In general, there is a misunderstanding that “High Initial Torque = More Effective LSD”. Kaaz design is based on the LSD’s overall locking characteristics and not to depend on the initial torque setting only. This makes for much smoother driver control. By controlling the LSD’s effectiveness based on the accelerator input, the driver can always feel superb stability while driving. Kaaz LSD’s most unique feature is the smoothness between the lock to free transfer due to it’s superb design.

Material and Special Processing

A newly developed “RS” type clutch plates are utilized on all our new “Solid LSD” models. These new plates are uniquely designed to improve gripping while reducing wear. All of our pinon gears and side gears are made from top quality steel and special heat treatment to obtain maximum strength. The differential casings are all machined from top quality material to withstand the abuse of high horsepower input and high temperature inherent in performance driving. Precise fitment is assured with strict quality control management.

http://www.kaazusa.com/images/products/machine_Process.jpg

how much for a kazz 2 way for a s13

ditto but a 1.5 way

*$855 CDN (1.5 or 2 way)
Kaaz Gear Oil - 80W90 - 2L = *$44.50 CDN

Is pick-up an option to not pay shipping? Also are these installed in a housing or just the gear set?

The item is not located in TO; so shipping is a must; the diff fits in the stock housing; we can do the installation at our shop as well…

Maybe you can correct me Mitch but I understand that it is important that an LSD be installed by a professional (ie: not the end user, even though the process is fairly straight forward).

I’ve heard this a lot in the past, but don’t really know why.

Just thought it was worth mentioning - maybe you could clarify?

Yes, it is advised that a mechanic with experience do the install; everything needs to line up precisely to ensure the unit works well and does not have premature wear; also they need follow the correct break-in period; once that is done; the unit works great…

My techs (not me) have done the install countless times on Skylines and 240’s so we’re more than happy to do it for you…

Thanks! Mitch

So realistically what am I looking at here for a price all said and done?

855 (unit) + 44.50 (gear oil) + $75?(shipping) + $75(install) = 1049.50 + 14% brings the total to $1196.43

Sounds like about the rigth ball park?

Also I assume I would need to provide the pumpkin. Can it be a VLSD pumpkin or does it need to be an open diff pumpkin?

Thanks for all the answers Mitch.

having this installed for $75 would be a bargain…

it should not take more than a hour to install. IF the diff is out of the car

i think it would take maybe longer depending. if you need shims to make it a snug fit it could take longer. it really depends on a case by case basis imo.

i paid $400 for the installation of my diff, so at $75 bucks…wow

Driving the car in… it would not be $75 dollars for an install. A break Job for examples pays, on avereage, 2 hours shop time for front breaks. And at shop rates rangeing from 80-120 dollars an hour. $75 dollars is not realistic. I will look at the shop time (mitchel OnDemand) for RE/RE the rear differential, I will post as soon as i know.

Jesse did his own and hes not by any means a pro…and it still works.

^^ This is kind of why I raised this quesiton to start with. I know people do it themselves and get it done - but I’ve also heard that its a bad idea. Not because it simply wont work, but … for whatever other reasons… its a bad idea.

Maybe one of the people who know better can clarify what the disadvantage(s) to installing it yourself (and potentially incorrectly) could be. decreased performance? delayed locking? faster wear? im just guessing here ;]

I picked mine up already installed in the housing, but as with anything, if you don’t have the wherewithall mechanically, you will be wasting your money.

It’s like my dad in the kitchen… there are a few things he can do, but something like a turkey, leave that one to mom.

said like a pro
+1

how much for a 1986 ae86
2 way please
thanx
jerome

Pricing changed…