Professional LSD Installation?

Can anyone recommend where I can get a kaaz diff installed?

Your driveway.

do you mean a diff unit installed into the pumpkin?

if so, there is only one place i would trust and its the place that Sasha uses and that i’ve used to rebuild two diffs.

BC enterprises in some weird unit at the corner of courteny park and dixie: 905-461-9553 ask for Brian. he is the owner.

He doesnt answer the phone all the time, he isnt always there during business hours and you’ll get the run around for 6-10 days longer than the initial quote… but you’ll get someone who knows what he’s doing, gives you the straight shit advice and is very reasonable if you pay cash :slight_smile:

i waited 4 weeks for my first diff from him… havent had an issue after more than 40,000kms with it, it’s in my Kouki.

i took him a carbonetic for a G35 i got off MPD this summer. It was fuckered when i put it in my car making weird noises so i took it out and took it to Brian. He disco’d it… we played phone tag for 3 days… lol… he told me he had seen the same condition in other 350z / g35 diffs and said instead of getting the parts from nissan for him to rebuild the whole thing that i should just get a new diff and swap the carbonetic into it… saved me $1,000 with that advice alone.

when i got a new diff he swapped them and charged me something stupid like $250 or whatever.

he’s a perfect example of a good dude who’s not easy to deal with and you’re going to put up with it anyways because everyone else is a know-nothing fggt… EVERYONE!

Beat me to it, exactly who I was going to reccomend. Watched him install acouple diffs for the Gen race cars, the guy knows what hes doing and dosnt fuck around.

wow thanks for the great advice and positive reviews!

sorry for the inital lack of details but yes i am looking to install a new mechanical diff into a complete open housing. around 250 seems very reasonable for this type of specialized work.

at first i considered doing the install myself, but after looking at the fsm, you must set; preloads, tooth contact and backlash. all off these precise adjustments require experience, the correct tools and variety of shims. slapping the thing together just wont do if anyone wants their investment to last.

Kaaz, Tomei and cusco lsd’s are designed to simply bolt into the type of pumpkin they were ordered for. You wouldn’t need to make any backlash adjustments or anything.

So if you have a open diff abs LSD, it will bolt into a open diff abs pumpkin no problem. You reuse the same spacers in the stock pumpkin on same sides, all you have to do is swap ring gear from stock vlsd or open onto lsd.

Or … you can pay someone.

3 years, 10+ drift days and 10+ grip days later, no problems.

^No… Tolerences, wear, nothing is perfect. Dont just “simply bolt into pumpkin”. Clearances and setup of a diff are best left to a professional, sure it could bolt in fine but you could also ruin an $800+ diff very easily, derass has the right idea.