LSD assembly

Im looking for a professional shop that will properly install/adjust a Carbonetic LSD into a pumpkin for me. Im not looking for someone who does this at home rather a qualified drivetrain shop that deals with this kind of stuff on a daily basis.

I want to ensure I have proper backlash, shims, etc…

Recommendations?

You want to get it done in Windsor or Toronto?

I can give you a guy here that can do it, he set up mine and was recommended to me by Tanner (One of the 9sec. camaro guys)
He works for one of the shops here but also does alot out of his garage for cash.
I think he charged me like $80 and had it done in an afternoon.
He set up the backlash, tooth engagement, etc. and even showed me what he did once he finished.
If you want i’ll dig up his number for you.

I dont mind having it put together in windsor…Let this thread sit for a couple of days and if I cant find anyone in TO ill leave the LSD with my brother so he can get it done and grab the number off of you.

What kind of diff did he install?

It was a nismo 2 way.

Im looking for a professional shop that will properly install/adjust a Carbonetic LSD into a pumpkin for me. Im not looking for someone who does this at home rather a qualified drivetrain shop that deals with this kind of stuff on a daily basis.

I want to ensure I have proper backlash, shims, etc…

Recommendations?

You want to get it done in Windsor or Toronto?

I can give you a guy here that can do it, he set up mine and was recommended to me by Tanner (One of the 9sec. camaro guys)
He works for one of the shops here but also does alot out of his garage for cash.
I think he charged me like $80 and had it done in an afternoon.
He set up the backlash, tooth engagement, etc. and even showed me what he did once he finished.
If you want i’ll dig up his number for you.

I dont mind having it put together in windsor…Let this thread sit for a couple of days and if I cant find anyone in TO ill leave the LSD with my brother so he can get it done and grab the number off of you.

What kind of diff did he install?

It was a nismo 2 way.

charged you $80? so cheap

installing a 2way usually takes a whole afternoon.

cheapest ive heard is $300 for full installation.

edit: i know a guy in scarb that installed a 1.5way ATS/carbonetics diff into a 350z. more specifically, martin from tires23 350z. charged $400 iirc.

It takes all afternoon if you are the one removing the rear end from the vehicle and reinstalling it onto the vehicle.

I just brought him the housing and lsd so he could shim it and make sure there was proper backlash, tooth engagement, etc.

Yeah exactly, if he charges 400 for a diff install when I bring him everything then Ill be getting into the diff business!

Robbbby - I think I found someone locally that will help me out, if it falls through Ill let you know. Thanks man.