kanut,generalg,22psi,6bquik,boostjunkie

Some of you already know that i’m planning/gathering for a turbo6 cutlass project. I was just reading some classifieds over on turbobuick about vacum brake conversions. A lot of people seem to really love how they work. I was always under the assumption this would be a problem while under boost. I don’t have a powermaster now, would you suggest i go with the vacum set up before i try to convert to powermaster. Are any of you running the vacum set up already? Kanut, feel free to chime in, i know you probably have a gagle of info.

I’m using stock powermaster set up.

No complaints here, I understand the replacement master cylinder is expensive though.

yeah thats the thing, the powermaster is expensive to fix and like the one guy said, you don’t want it to fail and be having someones rear bumper for lunch. greg is having some problems with his right now. Even GM converted to vacum in the TTA so i figure they must have saw an advantage in running vacum.

vacuum sucks, thing of the past.
all new high end cars (bmw ,benz caddy ,ect)use power assisted brakes. in 10 years most cars will have power assist and nobody will know what vacuum is.the power master is not as bad as you think or as hard.testing is. get one off shawn while he has them. if he caNT help you with diagnostics, i can or trip to NC.

http://208.216.104.221/forums/showthread.php?threadid=135612 here is one of the threads but i’ve read in other posts how happy people are with it. I’m just looking for some way to save time and money on this project. Gettin the car to run right is gonna be har enough.

im hip to him.i called his ass out on it if you search and he admitted it.
hes sells vac kits but doesnt know how to fix powermasters or how they differ!
power assist holds 600-700lbs of pressure in reserve for you on the first pump.thats worlds quicker than vac. and since it has reserve, the 2nd & 3rd time you push the peddle is way quicker.

its just like the powerplates restrictor scam race jason sells.
“hey i got a nine sec car in a competitive class” so buy my restrictor plate so i can beat you and make money- its brilliant

he dont care about original or why powermasters brake cutty, hes after money.
here is his response to my thread about keeping the car original and how to solve the issues

its definitely not an upgrade either

gnocide
Pat Mcrotch

quote:

[i]Originally posted by Red Regal T
As far as others wanting to keep the powermaster so your TR will be original, hey, to each his own, but I gotta’ laugh! [/B]

LOL… wait a minute… you sell vaccuum…no wonder you have a following. you cant diagnose the powermaster either can ya? your one of the 90% that dont know! For sale all original 87 red regal t loaded miles 1xxxxx $10,000 -------------- For sale all unoriganal 87 red regal t loaded upgraded to vaccuum brakes miles 1xxxxx $10,000 ------------ YEAH RIGHT!

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/castin1.gif

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

May 21st, 2003 10:09 AM

Red Regal T
BUICK LOVER

Red Regal T…that’s what I got. That says it all about how much I care about original equipment. I just hate to see people throw their hard earned money away. As far as not being able to diagnose the powermaster, who would want to. There just cost prohibitive. Example…“my pressure switch is bad”. Just one of many parts on the powermaster system that costs more than the entire changing over to vacuum brakes. Whether I comment or not, more guys will change over to vacuum than I can supply. As time goes on, it’s just an inevitable “upgrade”.

John DiCarlo

like i said john its a cost issue for me. I don’t want to have my car up in the shop cause i can’t afford to fix it but at the same time i want the best performance. its a double edged sword. There is a reman powermaster on ebay for 350, the guy sells lots of them,

Why cant you just put a manual brake set up on it?

i like drivability, i don’t want my chicken legs to snap in half tryin to brake.

they wont if you do it right. there is a lot of math invovled. but it can be done.

i scored almost perfect on my SAT’s in reading. no good at math, 2+2=5

:bowrofl:

Cutty, The vauum brakes are cheaper some people like them some people don’t. but if you want vacuum go to the “parts for sale” section on turbobuick.com … they sell a vacuum brake conversion on there, the sellers name there is “Red Regal T” or call boostjunkie. Im sure he has a vacuum set up somewhere. The power master has know to have problem, and are expensive to fix, i have also had to fix mine already, cost me about $80 for the part i needed, where you can get a vaccuum brake conversion for a little bit more than that and probable be less prone to have a problem. i know next time something happens in my powermaster i am going to convert to vacuum brakes. If you really a power master boostjunkie would be the place to get one. But if i were you id just get a vacuum set up it would be a good bit cheaper also. do a search on turbobuick for powermaster problems and see how much stuff comes up. HTH
QUOTE=Cutty]Some of you already know that i’m planning/gathering for a turbo6 cutlass project. I was just reading some classifieds over on turbobuick about vacum brake conversions. A lot of people seem to really love how they work. I was always under the assumption this would be a problem while under boost. I don’t have a powermaster now, would you suggest i go with the vacum set up before i try to convert to powermaster. Are any of you running the vacum set up already? Kanut, feel free to chime in, i know you probably have a gagle of info.[/QUOTE]

i told him shawn go to shawn.
also as a freind 22psi, dont switch your setup.
but if you do choose to follow those guys though,pm me and ill buy your broke powermaster.

broke my powermaster also but going back to powermaster like building boost on a roll and stoping!!!