KBB Instant Cash Offer

Anyone done this? I am looking to offload my 135 before the winter and curious if anyone has done this and how simple it was.

UPDATE: Well it looks like it made it possible to run through without anything crazy and you actually get the offer right there.

Significantly lower than appraised and dealer price but I guess a quick way to unload.

if your looking to sell it swing by and I can shoot you a number

Is there a for sale thread?

Awesome. May be hard this week but will shoot you a message. I work out by Transit so can go during the day.

Not yet. Was looking at shifting into another car so started with dealer to make getting rid of the lein easier.

Don’t forget if you sell it and then buy something new you’ll lose all the sales tax savings, which I’m guessing will be pretty significant since a 135 is worth some decent money in trade, I’m guessing around 20k. That’s $1750 in tax savings, and it doesn’t matter how much you owe since the tax calculation when trading goes like this:

New car value - trade in value * sales tax rate.

So if you buy a 30k car, and get 20k in trade for your car even if you owe 15k you’re getting the full $1750 in tax savings.

If you trade:
You’d walk out the door paying $25875 for your new car after rolling the 15k you owe in and paying tax on the 10k.

If you sell for the same 20k then buy (30000 + 8.75%) - 5k:
You’d walk out the door paying $27625.

Any dealership can handle rolling one loan into another. They just call the finance company and get a payoff quote. Your savings will like be even more doing the trade because you have far better negotiating leverage on the value of your trade when you’re buying a car than when you’re just trying to sell a car to a dealer without buying something at the same time. If you’re planning on buying out of state you might have to lie though. When I got my VW I didn’t want the dealer in OH to think they had me just because I had driven 3.5 hours. I told them I was there for work anyway, even brought a little travel suitcase to sell the lie and when they tried the “well this is the best we can do” lowball on my trade I said, “yeah, sorry, I’ve got a couple other cars to check out in the area, thanks for your time”. They ended up giving me what I wanted.

U want a golf r ? Lol

Ah this is good to know. Forgot about this since my last two cars were leases and haven’t sold a car in a while. That price is pretty close so that is significant savings. I did random offer on KBB and holy hell its like Craigslist lowball about 70% of what I was looking for. Make take this advice and try to do it in one transaction and not two. I like the suitcase commitment. Haha. Only option to sell it came up as a friend moved on short notice and has a lease with almost 0 miles so the option to transfer it over and have a very short lease while I figure my next move was appealing to dump the car but this seems like quite the savings to rethink.

I have been looking at the TSX AWD so may stop in and have them appraise it.