KBC helms.

Has anybody ever looked/tried these on?

I have never held one of these in my hand. Is it worth my time to take a look or are they cheasier than the average HJC full face?

helms? lol, i dont think thats the abbreviation for it.

but anyways, I’ve got a friend that had one, he hated it. pretty heavy and super loud. he had the one with the gun and bullets on it i think.

Don’t cheap out on a helmet.

You only have one head.

I have a kbc vr-1x and it was ok. Kinda noisy and fogs up pretty easily. Seemed to be of good build quality. My friend had the gunslinger and had parts falling off of it within a month. Guess it just depends on which one you get.

KBC is a decent helmet, but you have to buy at the top of the range to get a good one. You should just find an Arai or Shoei on clearance and be done with it. You won’t regret it.

I have a KBC Force RR, I like it. I changed the shield to a tinted one and the noise went down drastically. I am thinking about getting one of there more expensive models to try this year and see what I think.

A year or two ago in a safety testing a cheap KBC placed first over many of the super expensive ones. Once you get over a certain price point you are just paying for the name.

I agree with this.

+1

Truth.

google shopping will get you a nice helmet for around ~300 last time i checked.

FWIW, every helmet legally sold has to pass a DOT test.
keep in mind, your cheaper helmets PASS, but do not SURPASS fed regulations.

Buying a $100 helmet is like buying an older Chevy Venture (the ones that barley passed crash tests)
Sure, it does it’s job, but just hope to god you don’t need to use it.

The way I see it, Buck up, spend 300+ on a decent helmet, plus, you won’t be labeled as a squid :slight_smile:

btw, the z1r or zr1 helmets, yea the 100 dollar and below cheapies had some of the best crash test results of all the major helmet companies, the issue with low end helmets is poor venting, poor aerodynamics (yes, your neck will be more sore if you have a flat panel on your face trying to stop the wind at 60 mph), typically less stylish, and made out of cheaper materials in a cheaper process (but they still do the job)

LOL I’ve been riding for many years and I own a Shoei. I was just inquiring about the KBC.

For me it’s all about fit. To this end, the more expensive helmets usually have a wider range of shell sizes to achieve a better fit without just shimming the hell out of a med shell to make a small of an XXL shell to make a large etc. They will also be lighter and made of better longer lasting materials.

More expensive helmets may not be quieter, though. My Suomy is loud as hell, but it vents like crazy compared to my Scorpion EXO.

Suomy, Arai, Shark, and a few others have flaps on the outside of the visor (by your ears and the hinge) that causes a lot of the wind noise that people complain about, which is a big pet peeve of mine. (even though I ride with ear plugs or my ipod in)

^^ Ya I don’t understand what purpose those covers serve other than cosmetic.