Kicking the idea around. S2000 trade for datsun 240z/280z

I’m throwing around the idea of trading for a clean, stock, 1970s Datsun 240 or 280 for my 2000 Honda S2000 w/ 95k miles. I’d want to get the numbers figured out if someone had one available and if under the value of mine, obviously a trade+cash.
I’d want a manual transmission if this was the case.
0 rust on the car.
in all around good shape/maybe needing a paint job for faded paint/sunspots.

My car is stock minus rims and Short air intake. (have original rims and intake)
Car does not see winter and gets garage before salt is on the road.

I’ve always loved the datsuns and wanted one my whole life… figured I might have a car worth trading for that opportunity.

I love the s2k but feel a nice classic 240z would be great to cruise around in.

PM me details if you have any interest.

Do you and Skurge wear matching underwear too?

Please explain? I’m assuming since you see he sold his s2000?
I’ve been wanting a 240z since before I could drive. I’ve actually be thinking of doing this for the past 2 years but it’s hard to see myself without the s2000 right now as I love the car a lot. He just up and decided to get that last minute when he found one, and it got me thinking why I couldn’t do the same.
Seeing a friend do something similar to what you have been thinking about just gets you looking into it more. I’ve talked with Rob about his 240’s and the swaps hes done since he got them, I just want a very clean one.

Edit: I also believe this thread is not offtopic. Thanks

i think really what it boils down to is jumping into something that you aren’t sure of(getting rid of the honda for a 30+ year old car) and seeing that it can actually work out and that you can be happy with it, he’s always wanted a Z since i’ve known him, i think me getting the 7 just shows that you can do it and be happy with losing the S2K

you are an angry person jay, try being a little nicer to people imo

There is a really nice one on craigslist here in Raleigh

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4617271422.html

http://images.craigslist.org/00D0D_ec0a1HUPhkb_600x450.jpg

Take a joke, bro.

Also, I support this idea :tup:

How much I love the body style and my want for those mirrors on the fenders. (something different)

Thanks for sharing.

Wow you’re such a dick picking on yambag

lol Thanks for the added sarcasm. This thread wouldn’t be complete with your offtopic comments full of sarcasm. :wave:

Back on topic.

Would you just sell the car outright? How much?

Only if I knew I could get my hands on a Clean 240 immediately after. I need something to fill that gap if the car goes.
I’d have to look around the web as well to see how much a 2000 with 94k miles is going for in Good condition.

Funny, I’ve been looking at s2k s lol

My problem is that I almost want to find a certain generation model. I like the 70-73 240z because of the 2300lbs curb weight which I believe jumped an extra 300 or so in the next generation and by the 280z generation it was then at 2800lbs.
I know I’ll be traveling to find one so it will probably end up being me selling the car then getting one. I will be offering to trade first if the option is there. I’m assuming FL or TX or some where in that area will be where I need to search. I want rust free and either clean tasteful mods like suspension and exhaust (maybe a swapped motor done right but no v8) or I want stock and great shape.

This one will be a tough one to source down and get to happen I have a feeling. haha

You sure you want to go from something that runs and drives nice to a 40 year old which is going to be a project?

Besides tuning a carb… what exactly is the “project” you are thinking I’m getting into?

Generally on a 40 year old car lots and lots of things need to be replaced bushing, hoses, shocks, etc

I was trying to be helpful carry on :lol:

Meh, it sounds like a nice idea but as mentioned you’ll end up repairing the thing left and right. A couple years ago I went from a 2010 GTI to a 1995 GTI and it sucked, granted they were VW’s but still, if it’s not one thing its another and honestly it will not be as reliable as your Honda that’s 40 years newer.

I didn’t take it person or anything. lol I got what you are saying, but that’s why I am looking for a good quality car, not your $5-10k range that you see the majority going for and needing some restoration. I’d like one that’s restored or in perfect running condition. Are things going to break, I’m sure they will… but the idea of having this car has been a want for a long time.
I’m not saying I’m set on the idea as I may want to hold off a couple more years, but I would enjoy Sunday driving one of these.

You need to start taking advice instead of arguing about the advice given. You clearly made up your mind already, so do it.