Knockoffs

I wish they had Work VS-XX or VS-KF knockoffs :smiley:

they are a universal 4 lug wheel, te37s were never produced in universal lug patterns, only one lug patter per wheel. i don’t care if they tried the close name bullshit, they are one of the worse looking fakes i have ever seen when it comes to the massive amount of te37 replicas that are around. everybody when they want to know if its a real or fake looks at the lug holes first, these are the easiest to spot.

you can find very similar to vs-xx wheels, never seen a close wheel to a vs-kf…but seriously don’t buy knockoffs. shits gay. u might as well let guys have sex with your ass. it would make u less of a homo.

So what are we sayin here. Rotas suck ass?

I heart my knock-off’s :smiley:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/skierdood/IMGP1450.jpg

They’re fine.

Good I just bought a new set of slipstreams on friday.

Something else to think about…

Sure a forged wheel will be much less susceptible to cracking. But then the force of any impact is then absorbed by other components of the vehicle, such as the knuckle, shock/strut, control arms, and for a bad case even the subframe.

Meanwhile, a cast wheel would absorb the brunt of the impulse force and in doing so limit damage to the other parts it is connected to.

Would it be easier to replace a $199 wheel rather than the subframe? Maybe, or maybe not (if a piece of the shattered crap wheel hits you in the face).

It’s tough to generalize that maker X or Y makes total garbage without looking at the processes applied to the casting for each individual model and style. Even if we assume that the processes are the same and some sort of quality control is carried out, the different patterns / geometry will result in varied stress contours present for each design. Stress ratios will vary even if the material is identical. So point of failure for each style will be somewhat different.

Anyways, another thing to keep in mind- companies have to start somewhere, and if they are indeed able to improve on their manufacturing process without incurring additional penalty to the customer (read: cost) while maintaining or even improving material quality (through stricter subsupplier evaluation, enhanced procurement etc), then what may be considered a $hit wheel now may actually be pretty decent somewhere down the line.

not always true on 5 lug. 4 lug TE37s dont your right and the nippon replica wheels match this peerfectly unlike the rota grids.