Lake Placid Weekend + New Dslr

So last week I picked myself up a Canon 60d and took to the high peaks for a weekend of fun. Spent Saturday hiking and driving around Essex County and Sunday at the Bobsled World Championships. Had a great time both days, and despite the lack of snow there was plenty to see and do around Lake Placid.

The 60d was a treat to shoot with, many features I hadn’t previously anticipated using have come in handy already. The 5+ fps burst mode and AI servo proved particularly useful for the bobsled pictures. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think!

There’s a few more on my flickr here if anyone’s interested.

What non of OUR US team and the local John Napier who was also a good friend of mine back in high school

How un-american of me :facepalm

Unfortunately there was a learning curve with shooting sleds traveling at 70+ MPH and I was unable to capture any decent images of many of the teams including the other two US sleds. The best I can do is provide a couple images of Steve Holcomb and brakeman Steve Langton’s gold medal run. First time in history the US has won gold at the 2 man, just .46 quicker than the Canadians over three runs.

I love those bob sled shots! I’m terrible at panning shots lol.

Good pics Adam.

<-- Couldn’t care less if an American team was photographed, just appreciates the photos as a whole regardless of content.

really like the first one even if it shows how crappy winter has been.

it was a joke man the pics are awesome.

I know you were joking I was just playing along, all good man. Thanks for the comments guys, definitely a cool event to shoot, lots of press photographers there from NBC and the like with $$$$ gear. I was sporting a lens boner most the day for sure.

I really gave up on panning and just went to the start after the first set of runs. These sleds are really flying and with most the track covered you get about a full second to frame and follow it. I was spraying and praying in full burst mode and occasionally would catch one.

Love 1 & 6

nice pics man… your’e car looks right at home in number 8

Whiteface ftw