Larger front sway increases understeer?

spot on

This thread is never going to end with any reliable information for anyone. It will however ensure more suspension MISinformation is passed along on the interweb.

How cars react to swaybar changes are so dependent to specific chassis and then again to variables between identical chassis (spring rate, susp. geometry changes, etc.). This is a conversation better had on a make/model specific forum that has DATA as to what a change will do to traction in different situations. There can be no generic blanket statement made like; “all front engine fwd cars will do X, when front bar is added.”

Since nothing productive can come of this, someone please post hot pics of an e36 lifting an inside wheel on track.

-your resident wet blanket

Actually, there is. Increased front bar increases front total spring rate which, with a constant rear spring rate, will increase understeer. Blanket rule. :up

negatrex, example: your car

^^ Decreased front grip = understeer.

E36s need a crazy front bar to transition but it makes the car plow (understeer). Thank our ridiculous Ackerman angle. We tune around it with spring rates.

Sick pic btw.

RCVD. Period.

Best $100 you will ever spend.

take off your front bar, or lose a link as we both have. Car then plows, rather than the assumed drastic oversteer.

Incorrect, when my link broke in the toe of the boot at Trackmasters in Sept 07 the tail went wild. And then I left it disconnected on the street for a month to play dorifto.

More front bar means more spring rate. More spring rate in general means less grip. Quicker weight transfer (which is why the E36 needs it to override the Ackerman angle on slow, sharp corners) is improved which is why it feels like less understeer on sharp corner entry, but as soon as you go back to gas, the car will plow. Then we add rear spring rate to counteract it (more oversteer) for a compromise.

Disconnect your bar and go for a spin, it’ll be interesting.

Everyone Google suspension tuning.

done it for ~ .5 days at CMP. Proceeded to overdrive front tires and makeout with a bunch of canadian hotties.

I’ll give you something to plow, pal.

I’m assuming you mean your gf.

Nm, still had this bookmarked from years ago: http://www.240edge.com/performance/reference.pdf

Get the fuck outta here! For fuck sakes go party or somethin, its Saturday… SHIT!

LOL Whoa srs thread now.

Fuckin BMW DOUCHEBAG

:rofl WTF is going on, did I miss a post or something? Relax killer.

I cant stand this! My honda makes so much boost my asshole flutters at 3200RPM. WTF?! My seats are from an…

ACURA!

240edge.com is THE authority on suspension tuning. Meet me in garage, DD research drift party in 10 min. Bring data acq from race car.

Says the guy who replied instantly to my post.

Instantly? Who says im not on beer #9 right now? Who the fuck says there isnt bitches in this house. Get the fuck out of here HOMO!