Larger front sway increases understeer?

Bitches

i think you guys both suck and who cares.

Who got the larger rear sway bar? :facepalm

these motherfuckers handle soooooo good.

it was prolly faggi rammi

dkid’s civic si

:facepalm:nono

It’s a question with an answer based on more variable than just spring rates and general information. However on most front suspension designs, adding a heavier sway bar to the front will increase understeer(cause car to push) as it will typically cause an effect of reduced tire grip. Heavier sway bars are added in combination with other suspension modifications to make use of their effective force. Most cars who have had stiffer sway bars added will have an illusion that the car handles better, but in fact when pushed to the limit the overal grip mostly likely has been compromised. Just the same for those that dump the car 3" or add 1000lbs spring rates to their DD…

It’s why in the wet most IMSA lights, FSR, DSR, etc will back off rear sway or disconnect/remove it completely, as a softer suspension yields more grip when all else remains the same(and too a certain extent). Same goes for the front, typically, and again really depends on what your running up front. You’re front suspension tuning could be so whacked that heavier bars would increase grip, but then again you’d have other problems that need attending…

Your ignorant friend was right, retard.

You have alot to learn about how a sway, or anti-roll bar works.

http://www.houseofthud.com/cartech/swaybars.htm

I’d be more worried about getting real Vtec than sway bars

:rofl I’d say cazwrx here, got owned.

:rofl

:up:up

O dear god, there is some SERIOUS fail in here. :rofl

Edit: BTW, there are 4 zillion things that determine how a sway bar affects a car’s handling.

This needs to be in Epic.

Quoted for permanence.

+1

one of the better setups people use in my platform, is a big front sway bar and or no or small stock sway bar in he rear to help prevent underteer

bigger isnt always better :smiley:

Another person who doesnt get it and didnt read the thread.

I understand how sway bars work (in general)

i dont know the right down to it bla bla bla…

was just stating something from my platform

and that a bigger swaybar isnt always better… well i guess it dpeends on the application

Increasing roll bar stiffness of the front roll bar will increase understeer. You friend is right.

Fuck. Well at least I’m not completely wrong.

Think of it like this. In a hard corner, both front tires will generate a reactive force under load to counteract the force of the vehicle heading outwards. In vector mechanics, you’d have an arrow going inwards cancelled by an arrow going outwards. Both your tires are creating this force in order to keep the car happily on the cornering line. A swaybar basically increases the amount of force transmitted to the outside tire by torsionally resisting the movement of the front suspension pieces when they attempt to move independently of each other. In a corner, the outside arm moves up under compression and the inside arm moves down. The swaybar therefore pushes DOWN on the outside arm (since it’s being squished upwards) and pulls UP on the inside arm as that arm moves downards. So essentially you’re jamming one tire harder than normal and you’re trying to lift the other tire off the ground. In some racecars, you can see the front inside tire come off the ground in the middle of a corner. What that means is that half of your contact patch on the front end of the car is no longer touching the earth. Mathematically, what do you think that does to the peak amount of grip that’s available when you slam the vehicle into a corner?

dude Jclark is right, you need to READDDDDDD!

No man, you dont understand how sway bars work. :rofl