latest Wilwood addition...

I added this post to the Maxima section, but I guess it should go in here to since many of you probably won’t venture that way…

http://www.torontonissan.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=644

Anyways…going from 1 piston to 4 piston is a big change. Does anyone notice a spongier feel to the braking? I completely flushed the lines and bled all the brakes, but still spongy. But it stops almost instantly now with no brake steer/dive.

Bohead, how’s your modulation? And when you mean spongy, can you describe it? Does it still go to the floor easily?

It seems the brake ratio between the front and the back is fine. I was concerned about the rear locking, but when I took it for a test run, it was fine and no rea locking occured. By spongy, I can supress the pedal further down. I guess a better word would be softer.

Try changing up to a larger master cylinder. What’s the volume of the new brakes?

You could also try upgrading to SS lines. That should stiffen up the pedal a bit.

I was thinking the SS would help. As for the Volume…I don’t know. Wilwood doesn’t advertise that info either. It was a used kit I bought from someone.

hmmmm…good point. I will inspect my firewall and mounting. Thanks for the advise. Any recommendations for upgraded master cylinders?

I may just continue with the whole Wilwood theme and get the Tandem Brake cylinder. I just have to figure out the specs of my Maxima first.

That’s a placebo effect. I GUARANTEE you your stopping distances have actually increased, not decreased, since adding this front BBK. Ask me why in this space and I’ll gladly provide a detailed explanation.

^^^why man!