Need help with my brake upgrade!!

I have a S13 silvia with 5-lug hubs and I just recieved my R32 Skyline GTR front brakes today and I ran into a few problems:
-the brake booster was damaged during shipping
-the master cylinder only has 2 fittings and I need 3(non-ABS)
-and the calipers are slightly to large and rub on the inside of my rims spokes.

So I am wondering:
-where can i find a Z32 master cylinder or equivalent with 3 fittings for non-ABS
-How much should I expect to pay for one of these?
-same question with a brake booster, or do I need one? The GTR one is slightly larger then my S13 booster.
-where can I get front spacers? how much do they cost? I only need like 1cm more clearance! Could I get away with grinding a few mm’s off the inside of my spokes?
-where can i find stainless brake lines with the proper fittings? how much do they ussually cost?

I am going to try and find these answers, but if any of you can help me out or point me in the right direction, please do
Thanks

i know aaron(srburg13)just shaved the nissan emblem off his skyline brakes to get it to clear his rims. just an idea rather than shave your rims

Yeah, If I can find some cheap 5mm spacers, then I can probably get away with only shaving the logo alittle. I wouldn’t have to get rid of it entirely.
Now I just need to find some cheap spacers!
And a mastercylinder

What master cylinder do you have right now? Where from? Condition? Vehicle? Name written on the side of it (i.e. Nabco).

Somebody mentioned Mopac for affordable wheel spacers in another thread somewhere around here… It’s only a phone call away.

Ya, I’ll give them a call, thanks.
I’ll check the name on the side of it later, but it is off of a 1990 R32 skyline GTR with under 100,000km’s. It’s in great shape, looks great, and the seals are in nice shape, nice and tight, not sloppy and loose. Everything about it seems in great shape!! The fluid level sensor plug is even the same as the one on my S13 wiring harness.
Just like I said, I need one with 3 fittings and this one has 2.

I’d probably use a y fitting.

I have some 12mm spacers for $10 if you want them.

I may want to pick that shit up from you!

I didn’t know you could run a Y fitting. I had thought of that, but I was unsure if the pressure sent to the front brakes would still be properly proportioned, to the rears, if not sent through a ABS sender unit? Since it is designed for use with ABS. Do you guys know if this would be OK and safe, or is it just a possibility but are unsure?

I would jump all over those 12mm spacers if they were alittle thinner. I think I want to stick with some thinner ones so I don’t have to change out my wheel studs too. My studs are new’ish and should be strong and safe if I use a small spacer(5mm). Unless you know of some good quality cheap studs too? My budget is kind of spent now that I got the rest of the brakes.

That won’t affect anything. You have a proportioning valve which automatically does that anyways. Safe wise, I wouldn’t know. I’ve never done it/seen it done. I’d just get a new master cylinder instead of fucking around. You can get them from a dealership or a junk yard (if you can find one). Read this website, it may help you for going from 2 fittings, to 3.

Just a question, what kind of damage does your booster have? If worse comes to worse, you could always install it on the vehicle then go through a few tests to make sure it’s working correctly. Then you know if it’s acually NFG.

Yeah, thanks for the link. I was allready familiar with it and sadly this masterylinder doesn’t just have a plug in the other fitting. It just isn’t there. It’s cast without the third hole.
I am talking to a manager at the company that shipped the booster on monday and they might give me some money to replace it. If not they should refund the shipping charge…$50…so that would help in finding a new one, but considering mine was off a skyline GTR it is almost non-replaceable! Hopefully I can get some money out of them!!
On the boost, it is pretty obvious it’s bent. The shaft that connects the brake pedal through to the MC is bent and the booster has a hole in it with a thin (plastic it turns out) wall to keep it aligned properly. Anyway, it broke into a couple small pieces and it looks kind of bent. Should be obvious it was dropped during shipping!
I have no idea where I would find a skyline brakebooster. Hopefully the Z32 300zx is the same!

About the “Y” adapter, do you guys think that would work??

It would have to be a beefy Y fitting. For example the Y fittings on a fuel rail, they have to handle alot of pressure. So your putting 1 end into the master cylinder then the Y fitting will go off to the front and rear brakes, correct? The trouble you’ll run into is the brake line that normally goes into the master cylinder is a “male” end and so is the Y fitting so you have to come up with a way to connect the 2 safely and securely.

The MS I have has 2 fittings. One for the rear, and one for the front. What I would need to do is split the fronts to either side. It would have to have one male fitting and 2 female fittings. The easy’st way would be if I could find some flexable lines that split, then I could connect everything fairly easily.

That would be easier. Just move the split down the line. You could get normal line and bend it yourself if you want. Some manufacturers use a box looking splitter for that sits on the rear axle and the main line goes in the front and 2 line go to each individual rear wheel. You could use one of these if you find one even at a junk yard then just flare/screw you lines in. I’ll see if I can grab a pic to show you.

EDIT: Note: Not ALL manufacturers use a soft line right off the splitter itself so if you can find one with 3 hard line female ends, you’ll be on a roll.

Hey, thanks alot for the help!!
I found a “T” at NAPA with 2 female ends and one male end. Only problem…it was not in it’s proper box and they were out of the proper size I need. So by my eyball measurements, it should be right!! Anyway, if it’s not right then I can just return it and order the right size! If it is right, I might be able to get away with only one extra line a few inches long, no big deal!!
We’ll see how it turns out, and if it works I’ll try and post some pics so others can copy it!

I also got some 1/4" wheel spacers for $30 at NAPA, but I have to test fit them and see if they are the right bolt pattern as there was no info on them.

So if those 2 parts work out, all I need is some new braided steel brake lines and I’ll be ready to roll!!

Well, the wheel spacers ended up being the wrong bolt pattern.
And the T adapter for my brake lines ended up being the wrong thread. NAPA is so un organized!!! We even found the size of adapter I need in the books, but they couldn’t order it just because the computer didn’t recognize the part number. I’M LOOKING RIGHT AT THE PART I NEED IN YOUR BOOK AND YOU CAN’T GET IT!!!
Frustrating!
I am going to edmonton this week, so I will go check out mopac.
Any other sugestions of places to check out?

What size is it? We may have some laying around the shop from an old chevy or something.

Well, I belive the fittings I need are 3/16. and I need a T with the male on one end, not the middle, and the other 2 fittings as females.
That should be the right size for a 240sx master cylinder right? 3/16? I am not 100% sure what size I need, that is causing some of the problems.

I looked at the fitting we had and nothing will work for your application. I guess you’ll just have to keep the search up man. Good luck.