RHD master brake cylinder

Hi,

I’m having a very hard time trying to locate a master brake cylinder for a RHD S13 silvia. i tried sourcing a jdm z32 master brake cylinder but not much luck. i’m stuck because i need one asap. does anyone know of where i can find one?

I’ve tried the main shops in calgary, autodream, jdm source, etc without much luck.

I’m also looking to rebuild the existing master brake cylinder as last resort. does anyone have recommendations for a good brake shop to do this?

thanks

chris (thats is sign in name) just finished doing this and figured it out. give him a shout

ur in luck chief…i got one for ya! PM me

Yeah i got one too, but I can’t part with it for a couple months. If you still need one neer the end of winter I can help you out!

thanks for the replies

silvia_sr20det_s13 PM"d you.

i need this asap!

still looking for a master brake cylinder. does anyone have recommendations for a shop to rebuild the master brake cylinder? need to get car back on the road asap.

At very last resort i will take a master brake cylinder off a LHD 240 and swap the internals over with new seals. i don’t want to go this route as i’m unsure if there is damage to the hone of the existing brake cylinder.

also found out the jdm z32 master will not fit on the S13 silvia without a lot of modifications to the front brake hard lines.

I have a skyline GTR master cylinder and it is very similiar to the silvia one. Only mechanical difference is it’s for a ABS car so it has 2 fittings, where as my silvia is non-ABS so it has 3 fittings. other than that they are the same basic design as far as mounting it up and using it!

sounds like that is exactly same as the jdm z32 master cylinder. the non abs master brake cylinder off the silvia uses 3 ports, 2 for front brakes and one for the rear. the skyline/z32 MBC uses only two ports, one port for front and one port for back. now the problem is figuring a way to convert the two front brake hard pipes to one using a TEE fitting of some sort or even rebuilding the lines completely with a steel braded line. if you have any ideas on how to get this to work please let me know.

i’m stuck right now as my car is sitting at Auto Dream hoping they would figure something out for me since i have no time to deal with it. i need something that bolts on and works asap. lol.

PM’d

i did my clutch master cylinder, for that just look for people who have done swaps, they’ll have extra cylinders laying around

I found adapters and fittings at NAPA. They have or can get a “T” or “Y” adapter with a male end to screw into the mastercylinder and 2 female ends for the lines to screw to. And you can get one that is the right shape you would only have to bend one line approx 45degrees. That’s what I am going to use, you should check it out and give it a try!