Lease to buy worth doing?

How does General Motors make any money?

Because for every buyer with an insider hookup driving a Silverado for $200 a month there’s 10 suckers who paid 50k for that truck on a 6+ year loan financed through GM at 3+%, complete with undercoating, glass etching and an extended service plan.

Fuck, you’re right. I don’t even need another car. I’ve got 5 right now. But for $78/mo? I’ll take a beater lease and rallycross it or something.

My lease is a winter car. Saves my good cars from getting tore up lol.

Taxes on the full purchase price are due upon delivery, are they not? I’m not saying there aren’t pros to leasing (I currently lease), I’m just saying the math ITT has been a tad fuzzy (by those with vested interests).

I didn’t pay taxes upfront on any of my 3 leases

No, you only pay taxes on the total payment amount. 36 x $100 = you pay tax on $3600.

Thats good info because 4runners have peaked my interest.

Damn all this talk makes me want to try and get into a Silverado lease… Is the “DBL Door” the larger cab or the extended style cab? Need room for front and/or rear facing seats.

Guy at work has the double cab and says its tough to have a rear facing seat. Crew cab is the way to go.

Yea thats what im thinking. Havent seen too many deals on the larger cab. Ill keep my eye out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification, this is really good info. The bad part of this is now I’m considering leasing a truck. LOL

I should clarify, you pay tax on the payment and any cap reduction (money down or rebates)

I’ve been doing pretty well with some of Honda’s more limited production vehicles and them holding their value well, the Element and now on my second Ridgeline. They stopped producing Elements and values spiked, traded in on the Ridgeline. Ridgeline production stopped the first time and I dumped that for a healthy trade and got a good price as a returning customer for the new '17 Ridgeline so much so that I bought a loaded one. These examples are likely the exception and I have seemed to roll over a significant bit of equity each time and have paid next to no maintenance besides tires and brakes since they’re Hondas. Results may vary…

I have just the extended cab, the rear facing baby seat fits great in the middle back of the rear seat, if you have to put it to one side the front seat needs to move up a bit. I can’t have the baby seat behind the driver seat with me driving, i’m 6’ tall. My wife can no problem at 5’5". The deals are really sweet on the extended cab, they are selling the crew cabs like hotcakes.

Sounds like what my wife and i would have to do. Forward facing would probably work in the center as well. But a forward facing child seat (my son is almost 2) and rear facing would be hard to make work.

Do any dealers do full day/overnight road tests these days?

Sorry if im thread jacking.

Not sure about the test drives, might want to call a few local dealerships and ask them. I’m sure they would though to let you try out the car seat set up. I rationalized it that if we go someplace with the daughter, we’ll normally take the wife’s car. If we had to we could use the truck. We have used the truck on several road trips with only minor inconvenience on lack of interior space. That being said, the full crew cab isn’t that much more monthly on a lease to be honest. Maybe another $50-75 a month if I had to guess.

Edit:

Looks like Padock has several crew cab 4x4 LTs in the $40K range. I’d guess a lease on one of these would be pretty decent. I’m not saying Padock will be the cheapest, just one dealer i looked up.

http://www.paddockchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LT-Kenmore-NY/2900341253

After some research the crew cab is the way to go with car seats it sounds like. Ill stop by paddock one day this week and see whats up

Talk to @Kramer on here and see what he can do for you, very helpful with my dads last purchase from Basil.

Easy with this paddock talk, give me a call 716 479 1084