thinking about a lease

I’m thinking i might want to lease a new daily driver. I get tired of vehicles rather quickly, so rather than buy new and trade it in in 3 years, i’m thinking of leasing. My question is… I heard that a rough estimate of a lease payment is say for example a vehicle is 35,000… the monthly payment should be around 350. Does anybody here lease a dd or anyone have a good lease amorization site. i can’t seem to find a good reference.

if you get tired of vehicles leasing isn’t for you. there are huge penalties for getting out of a lease early.

i don’t want to get out early. i just want to not be upside down on a payment when i decide i do want something different. ie the end of the lease

do not do it!!!

and if you go over your mileage… wow… I think its somewhere around maybe 5 cents every additional mile? I dont know about all places im only going by what the toyota dealership does.

It all depends on what you do and how you set it up. You can pay a little bit extra to bump up the milage. If you are only using it to run around town then it may be a good option.

I used to say I would never lease as well, but I’m thinking it may be a logical choice for Jenn since we bought the truck and use that for everything. Jenn drives about 10000 miles a year now basically to work and now that she has a bike it may end up being less as she uses that more.

If you put a lot of miles and like to travel a lease may not be your best option.

you cleared that up with a logical description of why it’s negative. thank you

it was 3 in the morning and i was hammered. what more did you want? it all depends on what you want to do after the lease, if you want to buy it you pay alot more then what its actually worth at that point. if you want to get rid of it i believe there are a couple grand in fees. Im not sure that route, my mom ended up buying the truck she had after her 3 year lease was up and her payments skyrocketed.