LED lighting

False.

http://www.productdose.com/LightBulb_Comparison.xls

very untrue.

dont really know where to start with that one.

a 6W LED cluster will not provide anywhere near the amount of light as a 14W CFL. HID and fluorescent are still the most efficient lighting sources currently available. those numbers are waaaay off.

the rated life of LED’s is for the diode itself, put them in a cluster in a fixture and it decreases substantially from heat. most of those cheaper lamps dont really address this. you should see the size of the heatsinks on some of the commercial fixtures

don’t break them and you won’t have a problem :slight_smile:

care to explain?

all the green marketing of LED’s has made people overlook some pretty interesting things.

If you have the ability to effectively use LED’s in a situation that is conducive to their use (ie- focused lighting), they are superior than CFL, without the toxic waste.

I do agree that LED’s have some drawbacks, but in certain applications, they are much better.

At least those are my opinions, and my feelings.

i wont argue with you there.

i just hate seeing everyone tout them as being so much more efficient. it simply isnt true.

speaking of led’s does anyone know where to get home bulb style (par 27 i think) led flood lights in different colors?

last night i found yellow blue red and green compact fluorescent spiral bulbs at lowes around 7$ each and i bought 24 bulbs for our display they look cool but i think an led bulb would look way better

I could care less about marketing.

If you are looking for direct lighting, accent lighting, and in some cases even ambient / room lighting, LED > CFL.

Less current draw.
Less Mercury.
Longer “bulb” life.
“More” recyclable.

And, its a “newer” technology, while it has come along way already, there are vast improvements to be had regarding large cluster fixtures & overall output with respect to full room light from a one “bulb” ceiling fixture for example. That being said, even in a one buln ceiling fixture, the nondirectional lighting is not THAT far behind incandescent nor CFL.

Unfrotunately the next biggest drawback currently is the price, but as with all burgeoning technology applications, this will become more competitive with time.

$0.02

This is where I buy mine…
http://www.ccrane.com/lights/index.aspx

The geo bulb is only 8 watts and it lasts 30,000 hours.

http://autolumination.com/home.htm
Scroll down and check some of the stuff out that they have

looks great man :tup: knockout job

hahahaha this thread about some gay LEDS has more posts that my rb swap thread. i guess my rb is gay

this thread has for more technical content then you throwing an RB in a 240. Deal with it. :shrug:

:lol:

what? It’s not like he’s the first person to put a 15 yr old motor into a 20 year old car.

Is the probable future of an entire industry going to be greatly impacted by something to do with his car?

Is he the only person on this site to ever put an RB into something?

Wonder why he’s not getting the attention that he is apaprently craving.

:gotme:

Well not everyone on the site has an 240 or interested in how to install a different engine.

This thread provides information that everyone can use.

Also providing great information like this does not make a great DIY thread:

great link

LOL @ the last few posts since dftsilvia’s. He has a point, you guys are more interested in flashy lights. It explains the fondness of the F&F movies.

oh yea im 3 fast 3 furious