Let me take over GM...

No they wouldn’t. Once a car hits the lot, its the dealership’s car. Not GM’s.

That’s why this would have to be phased out over the next couple years. Let the Saturn dealers sell what they have left and then auction off the rest. Maybe sell what they can’t sell on their lot to Chevy lots and let them sell them at rock bottom prices.

maybe they should sell the corparate private jets that the fat cat ceo’s with there millions dollar saleries fly around in. Then take a pay cut themselves.

Because unlike Chevy who still pumped out thousands of trucks (look at paddock’s annex lot)…Toyota decided to cut production, and go straight to 2010’s. They worker’s in these plants still had jobs to go to everyday. They went to classes on how to build the new 2010’s. NOBODY LOST THEIR JOB. Toyota decided to think smart, like they always do.

No one would lose their job. Read the fucking post.

would you buy a car that you knew was being discontinued? Gm still has to make replacement parts for these vehicles as well by law.

Sell the rights to other manufacturer’s like Beck-Arnley. Make money there. Your Envoy customer’s can still get oil filters for a Trailblazer.

take buick too…all those old folks from the baby boom will be dead soon. so get ahead of the curve.

Arguably, the same thing happened at GM over the past few decades - it was just called the “Jobs bank” instead.

Now I’d also argue that if the Texas plant was seriously costing Toyota money - that is, if the US market remains negative for years - they still might close it. At 10 million cars/year in the USDM, keeping the Texas plant open would cost much more than importing from China.

You need Buick. You have a die hard clientele, and there are only a few cars in their line. It wouldn’t make a huge difference. However, get rid of the Arcadia, and only manufacture the Traverse.

They need to move units like yesterday. Your plan doesn’t offer any real immediate help.

They honestly must do these things as a fucking joke Just to see how fucking stupid this country really is. HaHa lets clone the same fucking car 8 times,WHY you ask LOL becasue people will still buy our cars and at the end of the day the government will bail us out…LOL really thats a funny fucking joke, I love this country. christ if they would just rebadge the CTS-V 7-8 times they might get somewhere :mamoru: CTS-V>All

No - the dealers selling those brands would HAVE to go. I mean, why would GM carry nearly 7000 Chevy/Caddy dealers, when Toyota makes to with 1600?

The profitability of each dealer allows them to be “nicer” financially to each customer, and offer perks a poor dealer can’t. And that’s part of the perception problem of the domestics - bad dealer service.

Edit - and if anyone doubts me about Toyota ditching the Tundra, then I’ll need you to show me the current Supra, MR2, or replacement Celica.

Wow, sorry Beck, I didn’t mean to heat you up. I didn’t read “your” whole plan to save GM where that one sentence explains how you’re going to stop producing half their fleet and not have to fire a single worker.

MY BAD

thats a lot of old people though :frowning:

They import from Japan. Toyota is being smart and incorporating a Highlander plant into a Tundra plant. “Jobs Bank” is completely different. Those people are clocking in and clocking out 8 hours later, making $50/hour. Toyota put their people through training and R&D to make their product better.

THE UAW NEEDS TO DISMANTLE. WE DON’T NEED THEM ANYMORE. TELL ALL THESE FUCKS MAKING $80/HOUR TO PUT WIPER BLADES ON TRUCKS THAT THEY NEED TO FACE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE A DYING BREED AND THEY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO LIVE ON $20/HOUR. SORRY YOU DIDN’T GO TO SCHOOL.

My father owns several Buicks, and he buys a new one every two years, as does my mother. They are only 52 and I dont see them dying anytime soon.

Edit: and yes the UAW needs to GTFO. Jobs will be lost any way this is sliced, but if jobs are lost, it can’t be in vein. People can’t lose their jobs and still have others making $40 to nap on a fork truck.

Toyota dumped all two-door vehicles because there is no market for them. Spend the money on Camry development and plants, because it is the number one selling car in America.

THE SAME VOLUME OF CARS ARE STILL BEING SOLD. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO CLOSE?

YOU FUCKING SCHLEP ROCK. Your Envoy’s now become Trailblazers. Volume doesn’t change. Just the manufacturing process. Jesus Christ, I hope you’re happy with middle management your entire life.

So many people agree, but it’s the few that disagree with you that are in power now, and they’ll just have to learn the hard way

These fork truck drivers will need to learn how to take a pay cut to $30/hour. Not too bad for dropping out of high school.