Let's say I obtained a pop-up w/no title....

is it possible for me to strip this thing and make/reg it as a home-built utility trailer?

as in, just ripping it down to frame and putting a flat decking on it to haul motorcycles for example?

I was given this thing over 2 yrs ago with the aggreement that I would paint a vehicle for a guy I used to work with. Long story short all the paperwork has his name on it from previous owner and he never filed it. He has dragged his feet with this and every single time I talk to him he responds with (I can take care of it in probably like 2 weeks) and then I never can get ahold of him again. I never painted a car BTW so this thing has just been taking up massive space on my property for over 2yrs and I can’t use the fuckin thing. the canvas was shot so I took it out and started tracing the patterns to sew up a new canvas but because I never got the title I halted that project. I’d much rather be able to use the thing but a loss is a loss, it was free at this point, and it would be cool to make use of it.

Thanks in advance

yes just strip it and make it a flat bed, title as home made no big deal

You should be able to trace a vin off the frame and register it that way. I am pretty sure that is what you will need. I think I know who you are talking about and I am totally not surprised at this. HAHA

Haha rob, yeah…it was a dealer take-in, dealer-to-purchaser (prev co-worker) paperwork was all filled out and the dealer fild their half with Albany…so if I could just get the bastard to go to the DMV and file a title-only form (I offered to pay the title fee and go with him if he’d just have it mailed to my house so I have posession) then I could just turn around and have him sign it over to me and boom we’re in business…but he keeps saying “nah man I’ll pay for it, a deal’s a deal…I can get it done in probably two weeks”…I’m sick of storing it for free. Anyone wanna buy it? Make me an offer lol

You could always drop it off at his apt and I can get you another one for dirt cheap that you can actually use if you want one. Or just make that one a trailer haha

Get me one as cheap as possible without it being a complete pile lol. I want something I can go camping with! Yu got my number right?

i dont know if the pop up campers are different, but typically on most trailers that are converted to utility trailers/car haulers they need a good amount of reinforcing as the trailers use the entire structure to increase their rigidity and youre removing alot of that structure.