Let's Talk About Meth Injection...

i’ve been looking into getting meth injection for my car for some time now…i’m on low boost (7psi) on my stock motor but i’m looking to turn it up and i want the meth for safety. i’m caught between a progressive kit and a kit that injects fully at a certain psi. the kit is made by devil’s own, i’ve read nothing but good things about them. i’ve read that with the non progressive kit, there is some hesitation once the meth begins to spray, but i’ve read that with the low boost that i run, a progressive kit is pointless. i don’t have much experience with meth injection, and neither does anyone that i know or that i’ve talked to on my car-specific forum. so please, anyone with meth injection experience chime in and give me some pros/cons of each kit.

What kind of car are you talking about and how much boost are you looking to run?

I run a SMC meth injection non proprogressive on my car and it works great.I think the only draw back to the progressive is knowing how much to spray at whatever boost #s.The non proprogressive is easy to adjust,theres only pump speed and what boost pressure you want it to kick on.Adjusting the come on time is easy, just adjust it to come on as early as you can,(if to soon the car will bog down).The pump speed will take a few tries to get where you want it,to much the car bogs,to little you will get knock.My car i run full pump speed and i think it kicks on around 10#s of boost.

Thinkin a Sentra Spec v

I have a Devils Own progressive kit and do a 50/50 meth/water mix. I don’t know much about the other kits but this one works well for me.

I have a tune that’s specific for the meth and have my controller set to start spraying around 7psi and spray full at 17psi. I use my windshield washer reservoir as a tank to keep it simple and also have a low fluid light. If I run out of meth I just don’t boost. Because the meth allows me to have a more aggressive tune I do run the risk of engine damage if the pump fails and I don’t notice, but I’m willing to take the risk.

I run a progressive AEM kit and it was really easy to setup and using data logging and tuning it keeps my knock number much nicer. I am a fan although I would never run a tun that is too aggressive on meth just because I wouldn’t want to pop my motor due to a meth failure. But I data log about every time I drive the car so I am sure I would notice quick.