LG Street Series Headers

Any body using or have used, LG’s Street series headers, Hi flow cats and X-pipe?
Thinking about ordering a set next week wondering if anybody has any input about them?

My brother had them on his c5 and they sounded great

How much louder did they make the car?

Alot

They’re best bang for the buck headers/xpipe combo on the market right now IMO. $1000, 25whp, amazing sound. Done, done, and done.

Fitment is decent from what i hear and they back their shit up with a good cust serv dept.

If you want their good set of headers though, the LG Pro’s are where its at. Im looking at picking up the LG Pro’s towards the end of this season. They’re not that much more expensive, idk if the Pro’s are worth the extra dough though.

Also, go catless, fuck cats. You’ll get a gassy smell, but i like it.

I’ve read they make the car a lot louder on idle, cruise and WOT, I’ve also heard they are rather quiet on idle and cruise just insanely loud during WOT, Regardless I’m ordering them next week! How was the installation on them ?

check out 99frc’s build thread. he just did headers on his c5 this past weekend. install looked fairly easy from his pics and description.

Idle really wont be affected too much, but at WOT that bitch is going to scream.

They arent that bad to install. If you have a lift its alot easier

This is why i don’t really see a point with going for no cats, Not a big enough gain to have my car smell lol

I have Borla exhaust now, with these headers,hi flow cats, x-pipe, i want my car to scream at WOT. It’ll match my License plate:thumbup

they are a good product, but i dont think you would have an issue with kooks or american racing also. Joey and i did his entire exhaust in 2 hours headers all the way to the tail pipes, and i just did mine on my zr1 sunday, afew hours with lots of distractions. Lift and the right tools it should only be a few hour project at the most!

The right tools is not a problem, it’s the lift i don’t have:lol

Kooks and American racing are excellent headers as well, but run close to $1800 and $2000 respectively when you purchase their headers/catted x/gaskets etc…

Texas Speed sells ceramic coated headers and a catless x for $729 right now. Im researching fitment on those as well. For me, its either the LG’s or the TSP’s. You cant beat the price.

I hear a lot of people say LG’s are the best bang for the buck. I have done a lot of research on CorvetteForums and they say the best bang for your buck headers are LG’s or Dynatechs.

The LG’s are consistently picking up around 25WHP. Dynatechs are getting around 20WHP w/ cats, around 25 w/o cats. Multiple people who got DynaTechs and then a tune saw on avg around 40WHP gain! Of course you prob need other supporting mods for that, intake, etc.

I grabbed my Dynatechs off of Corvette forum for $700 : )

I have a build thread with pics, movies of the sound and look.

we put texas speed headers on my brothers c6,as you stated the price was right and they fit nice and install was a breeze. Like i said above we were completely done w/ the de/reinstall in 2 hours!!!

^ Nice! I may end up getting the TSP’s then. They arent stainless, but whats the difference really? The stainless will look nicer/hold up a bit longer. But ill never be driving in snow and my car will never see salt, so the ceramic coated steel from TSP will hold up just fine. Especially for $730 LOL.

Only thing that sucks is the TSP’s have no emissions stuff (egr) so how do you go about deleting that stuff? Also, ill need to tune the car for the deletion of the cats/emissions shit.

Just as a update for my Z06, I ordered my LG street series long tube headers,hi flow cats and X-pipe on Friday, the guy said 10-14 days before they get more in, then they will send them right out so i should have them 2-3 days after they get them. Can’t wait!!:ahh

^ Good luck, on corvetteforum in the past few days I’ve been reading alot of complaints about LG. People are waiting 10 weeks for their headers. LG has been dropping the ball lately apparently.