Light Weight Wheels/Tires?

What is considered light or heavy for a wheel in sizes 18" and 17".
Also what tires are light and which ones are heavy, I have been looking and most sites don’t post the weight of a tire. I have found rims in the 17-19Lb range and to me it seems light but not sure what is actually considered light.

isnt it wheelweights.net check it out… its something like that

For 17" I’d consider sub 15 light.

Are we looking for new rims for the Audi? :slight_smile:

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:3,topic:26845"”]

[/quote]

Looking to get wheels for Track Day and Auto-X.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:4,topic:26845"”]

Looking to get wheels for Track Day and Auto-X.

[/quote]

I have a set of RH AG Cups off my A4. 17x8 et32, 1 piece. Tires are shot.

Not sure of the weight.

$550.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c136/jxaxexgxexr/CARS/Audifront.jpg

http://www.gmpperformance.com/CFJFiles/GMP/2124.jpg

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:3,topic:26845"”]

For 17" I’d consider sub 15 light.

[/quote]

Sub 15 is magnesium/carbon light for a 17" or greater wheel. Sub 20lbs for a wide 17 (9" or greater) is extremely good for a balance of strength and weight.

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:5,topic:26845"”]

I have a set of RH AG Cups…Not sure of the weight.

[/quote]

If you can find out the weight and if they will clear my brakes without spacers, I may be interested.

i got motegi track lite’s in 17" and i weighed them without tires they were 14.5lbs i think

The other hard thing is to find them in 5X112 and able to clear my brakes.

Is 24Lbs light for a 225/45-17 ? And on a 18Lb rim, that is the package I am looking at right now.

tire weights are all generally about the same ligheter tires have less reinforecmentand will be good on the street for bumps but have more give on the track, not exactly ideal, I wouldn’t worry about tire weight as I would rim weight

[quote=“MPD47,post:6,topic:26845"”]

Sub 15 is magnesium/carbon light for a 17" or greater wheel. Sub 20lbs for a wide 17 (9" or greater) is extremely good for a balance of strength and weight.

[/quote]

[quote=“Tunerfreak,post:8,topic:26845"”]

i got motegi track lite’s in 17" and i weighed them without tires they were 14.5lbs i think

[/quote]

Yup those are the ones I was referring to for light weight rims. When I was shopping for 17" lightweights for the Eclipse those were the ones I was looking at, very light!

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:12,topic:26845"”]

Yup those are the ones I was referring to for light weight rims. When I was shopping for 17" lightweights for the Eclipse those were the ones I was looking at, very light!

[/quote]

but expensive

try rotas, they generally come in an array of sizes and offsets and are usually lightweight.

plus you can’t beat the price.

^^ holy shit… adam becks on the scene

oh noes hes back again. who did u have to suck off to get back on lol j/k