Lightning (pics inside!)

I was watching that shit too! Lightning flashing many a second and no thunder…the funny thing was that I turned on HBO while watching this storm to Tom Cruise asking “Where’s the thunder?” at the beginning of War of the Worlds :lol:

http://www.micahweber.com/phbolt.jpg

AWD - use a long shutter, no flash, get lucky

Nice pics micah. Too bad buffalo doesn’t get many of these storms…

I used Bulb setting, F8, remote, tripod, no flash, ISO 100. Wide angle lens, in my case a 18mm. Hit the shutter, wait, wait wait as soon as it strikes, give it like 10 seconds, and hit the shutter again. Usually they are around 40-80 second exposures…

wimp images/smilies/tongue.gif shoulda been outside taking pics instead images/smilies/smile.gif

I was out in the field 20 feet from a tree taking most of those pics. I got drenched, but it was worth it!

do u think u could explian what those orange lights comming off the tree are? if not, i think i may know what they are, and u may have something special on your hands there.

a drop of water on the lens is all that is

ok, i have heard that supposedly when lightning is about to hit something, there is a brief ‘lead’ i think its calledc that comes off of what its about to hit and meets the electricity in the air or something like that. i guess its really hard to capture it on film or something like that. keep in mind this is all stuff im remembering from an earth science class i took in high school about 5 years ago now. :wink:

:tup: badass