LIM/Possible Headgasket on 3100

Uhm.
yes sir.
a leaking 3100? no way.

Car is a 2000ish malibu.

Not my car (my parents)… Anyone interested in taking a shot at it?
PM/post up a price including parts.
I don’t think we’ll machine the heads as it hasn’t overheated, but we’ll see how they are when we get there.

I’d imagine he’d want plugs/wires/tstat changed while it’s all open.
But I’ll ask him later depending on what you guys here charge :]

We did a 3400 before when i was in school, and… don’t feel like doing any more! yay.

are you sure it isn’t the intake, because i know the intake gaskets are notorious for going on these.

lim is the lower intake… which is the one that goes thanks to dexcool :slight_smile:

headgaskets usually do eventually… figure might as wwell get it all over with while its half apart already

youre looking at a big difference in time/cost of doing just the lim or the headgaskets as well. do these cars have the mounts like on the older grandprixs that wrap around the front exhaust manifold? if so the serpentine setup/ac comp has to come off to get the front mount off so the exhaust and head can be taken off. just the intake gaskets is prob about 4 hours labor, factor in another 4-5 to do head gaskets too. dont forget headbolts are torque to yield so those will need replacing too if you do the headgasket.

do a compression test to check if the head gasket is leaking. if its not dont bother. just do the lim.

these cars are a pain in the balls.