2000 Buick Regal GS - Lower Intake Manifold Gasket

So, I’ve been smelling burning oil after driving my car for a week or so now- decided to replace the front valve cover gasket as per the recall, figured oil was getting onto the exhaust.

Bought a valve cover gasket, yanked the engine cover, and saw a puddle of coolant sitting on the intake manifold, around the fuel injectors and below the supercharger.

I’m assuming this is a leaking lower intake manifold gasket? Not sure what else could be leaking coolant around this area.

It looks like a royal pain in the ass to replace- any suggestions? Any idea on what a shop will charge for this? I’m guess 4 hours labor but not sure- really don’t want to pay someone else but don’t really have the time/energy to do it myself. Any feedback is appreciated.

I think that charges like 6. I believe it’s pretty similar in design to the 3100/3400. There isn’t much to getting the intake manifolds off really. Just do some research, there is a ton of info on it because it’s a pretty common thing for those motors.

I’ve done a few. it’s not bad at all. if you decide you’re gonna do it yourself i’ll give you tips etc or help out if you want

I did my 3400 and helped a friend do his 3100, you will probably want to suicide about half way through. It’s just time consuming really and if you’re a tall guy like me (6’3") your back will hurt about half way through as well lol.

Yep, I used to have the intake manifold off my 5.0 Mustang alot while doing different work. It wasn’t difficult, it was just soooo tedious, and yeah my back would hurt…and this looked even worse, with the supercharger sitting on top an’ all that stuff.

A local shop gave me a pretty fair quote, so I dropped it off there tonight for them to do it…hopefully they button it back up correctly. I’m always super nervous about letting other people work on my cars, but I just don’t have the time/motivation anymore.

If they fuck it up maybe I’ll pay 01GPGT to help me do it right :smiley: …always good to have an experienced person around when cracking into something for the first time.

beer is payment enough for me :smiley:

beer helps with the back ache!

mmm beer.

hey when are you doing this. i have done prolly 10+ L67 and L36 LIM gaskets. PLEASE get the metal Gaskets and not the Fel-Pro replacements. GM has a new Partnumber for the metal, and they are way better. I can offer my help if you like, there are some time cutting tricks that can be done to make things go way easier

Thanks guys. Local shop did the work at a fair price and it looks like they did a good job so far (no coolant in my oil or vice versa, car is running OK, ect). I’ll keep yall in mind for next time though (hopefully there ISN’T a next time).

there will be something, there’s always something :smiley:

i can’t make a list off the top of my head all the shit that could be fixed on my car