Liter Bike Runs From Cops

… until he runs out of gas:

A 70-mile motorcycle chase through Dallas and Arlington hit speeds of nearly 200 mph, according to the boastful rider as he was placed into the back of a police car.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/196yzjw4y9xpsjpg/original.jpg

From that it sounds like he seriously thought they wouldn’t pursue him after a certain speed.

LOL at the cop tackling him in the video, haha.

At night too. I am shocked that he was not a smear over 1/4 mile of road.

Texas lol

Waco cops spike stripped a bike that tried doing this when I lived there

That newscaster looks like she’s showing us her “oh” face.

GSXR1000 for the win.

Lol

Officers arent sure how fast he was going, this is going to be pure gold if all they get him for is reckless driving.

If they don’t get a direct observation with laser they can’t charge you can they?

Why do these ALWAYS happen in or around Dallas.

• Updated - - -

They can do speed estimated by observation too.

I was hoping they’d have a goatee

Well, the speedos on the cruiser are calibrated consantly, so… When the cop is doing 115-120, and your ass is still pulling away, they can nail you for at least what the cruiser was doing. Not to mention all of the other traffic violations

Ouch.

That tackle hahahaha.

i think it was a bit of over kill.

Meh… not really. He was evading police at speeds close to 200mph… what if he dismounted the bike and pulled out a pistol?

And yes, cops can get you for visual observation of speed. Plus, he did kind of admit to 180+ on video, lol.

So if the guy had a gun clearly tackling him was the best option. Hell, if the guy didn’t have a gun you just gave him an awesome opportunity to get yours.

Tackle him to prevent him from taking off again…you don’t know what’s going through his head at that moment.

:word:

They didn’t know why he stopped maybe he was going to get take off again

Exactly, textbook stuff.

it looked to me like the bike was off, i guess this cop saw a once in a lifetime opportunity to tackle a guy.