Loan guys: Where to get a mortgage.

Looking to get a FHA loan in the next couple weeks. I am approved at a few places, but would like a few more to compare them to. Where should I go?

Thanks!

I was pretty happy with M&T. The guy I worked with downtown was really good, knew his shit.

The only problem I had with them was the loan sat on a processors desk for a very long time, then the kid went on vacation. A few calls fixed that, but we got a very good deal, and my loan guy is pretty creative with ways to get you to qualify for grants and whatnot.

Two years ago I got a 5.5% fixed full value loan.

We walked from the close with about $1,000, plus a $5000 grant from NYS, plus a $5000 interest free loan from the gvmt.

I’m pretty happy with them so far.

The lady at Bank of America was very shitty, and gave me such a terrible FHA loan deal it was unreal. They throw in a ton of bullshit fees. My attorney looked at it, and couldn’t stop laughing.

I would like to reccomend Alden State. I just got my refinance through them and so far they have been awesome. I had CCO before and they were ok, not really the friendliest tho. I guess the “little guys” go the extra mile to make ya happy.

I went through Premium Mortgage, Julie Wilde ( I think ), beat every rate I could find.

M&T sucks big hairy horse cock. 6 months later and I’m still not closed. I had to babysit my mortgage officer and finally told them I can’t deal with this fuck anymore so now I’m onto number 2. This guy calls me back but it’s taken forever. Stay away from M&T if you want it to go smoothly.

it’s not gonna be any different of a rate, likely. Check with Wells Fargo though, I didn’t go with them, but they gave me a good faith estimate for the same rate as the one I DID take.

So far the best rate I have is 5.00% I really want under 5 though just for fun.

Give HSBC a try. They are in the 4’s right now for conforming 15 and 30 years…

I went with premium because they crushed both M&T and HSBC. Worth the call. I was closed in less than a month, and not a single problem.

Cool, closing on a house is easy in Texas, it only takes 3-4 weeks from what I hear.

I think my best rate so far was 4.85%

So you have gotten one of the best rates ever available and your looking for something better? What am I missing?

The lowest in the last 38 years was a 4.81% in april 2009. (averages of course)

Yup, just because I have gotten a great rate, that doesn’t mean there isn’t something better out there I don’t know about. If I can get something better, you better believe I’m going to jump on it. It wasn’t until recently that I got this past mentioned low rate.

Thanks guys!

It will pwn any other mortgage out there

Purchase through NACA’s Best in America Mortgage with no down payment, no closing costs, without perfect credit and the best interest rate: 4.50% (Fixed 30 Year). Everyone gets the same terms.

How do they expect to stay solvent?

Almost sounds too good to be true. I’ll look into it tough! :slight_smile:

I went to the class and its legit. They partner up with banks and get government grants. I was going to go through them for my purchase, however I wouldn’t have been able to complete the process in time to get the house I ended buying. Needless to say I will refinance with them down the road.

Its def a solid program and saves a shit ton

Granted i Refinance with M&T Bank my rate was 4.375% at 30 year fixed :slight_smile:
and i closed withint 2 weeks :thumbup:

Dont wait to long…you never know when a good deal like 4.85% will come agian.

^^

Really. Everyone agrees that rates will only go up from here.

If you can’t afford closing costs, down payment, and don’t have at least decent credit you should not be buying a house.

good infos.

what’s the best and most reputable credit union in WNY?