local Ceramic coating

is there any place around here that does ceramic coating besides the place near the old GM plant in buffalo; “plastic coating’s” i think its called. i went there to get my turbo ceramic coated and they were a little on the expensive side

i am guessing you mean Carl at “plastic systems”

swine tech ~ in roc.

i think it’s swaintech or something

+1

They’re well respected all over and just happen to be only an hour away.

word. +1

jethot is only In PA… im sending out a big order to them next month

yea thats it. when they told me they go by hour and not a set price like other normal places do plus they said they would have to let the compressor housing sit in an oven for 5 hours then another 3 to coat it i said never mind.

wow lol, i may acutally want to price some stuff out to have this done at some point…if you get some pricing from them post up id be interested

i sent my compressor housing to a place in canada called fireball coatings www.fireballcoatings.com and they did it for $65 american i think but its kinda got a wait goin through customs and crap but they do good work though probably go through them again

I think the road trim might be worth it, eliminating the red tape, if this is who you want to deal with, unless it’s only based on price.

X…

yeah, he actually uses a different coating than what i think you would be looking for. it is a heat coating to protect the metal, not neccesarily “insulate”…which is what i was looking for.

the cure process for what he uses requires a cool down period where once he reached 450 degrees he shuts the oven off and lets it come back down to ambient on its own…so he is basically without his oven for that entire time. def way to expensive.

swaintech is someone i have heard great things about and is where my stuff is being sent

:word: +1

They’re not the cheapest, but they may be THE best.

They are definitely not the cheapest but I think they are a bit better than Jet-hot.

Swain!!!

Yeah, don’t call up and say “SwineTech?” :lol:

sooooouuuweeeee