Local Steering Rack Rebuild?

I’m looking to get my 240’s steering rack rebuilt locally with a quick turn around. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Steering is for suckers, roll races ftw. Just put the front wheels on dolly’s to point it down the extension and let er’ rip.

:lol You posted quick!

Shit yeah I just got to work, gotta make it look like I’m busy!

:rofl:rofl:rofl

I have to do that to :ninja

Although I’m fuckin hungry, my co worker who usualy orders b-fast isnt… I think im going to BK for some crosanwich action

Fatass.

Cereal+Skim=Not looking like me in 2 years.

Don’t be hating cuase you aint got no crosanwhich

Racks area easy to rebuild. Buy an oring kit for it and do it yourself. Just a bunch or orings really. Just lay out the shim/tension pack for the pinion that’s all so it goes back in the right order during assembly.

-Adam

yeah do etttt steve

x2 was going to say the same thing.

Steve can’t do his own work are you kidding lol?

lol true. i forgot. :wink:

I can’t even turn a wrench and you want me to rebuild a steering rack? WTF??? Wayne I need to stop by so you can change my air filter. :lol

lol shops full your SOL!

So is it really that easy to rebuild the rack? Do they have to be honed out or anything?

just leave it alone, itll be fiiiiinneee.

Nah it kind of pulls to one side and than the other. Everything else in the front it tight. It has new tie rod ends. I can probably rebuild it myself, I’ll check out the FSM and see what’s involved. I just don’t want to rebuild it and having something go wrong and end up flying off the road and totaling the fucking car.

I think Xcel/Axle Express on Broadway in Schenectady rebuilds them

Thanks, I actually just dropped my axles off there today haha. I’ll ask them about steering racks tomorrow.