Local Wheel Repair

So has anybody used the place LAFENGAS recomends on main/transit? what was their turnaround time? how bad was the wheel you sent there etc?

i was reffered to a place in orchard park calld JW or something wheel repair, its on abbott rd… ive never heard of it before, but i want to take my wheels to some place somebody has used before, not just some guy with a big hammer who things he can pound my expensive wheels back into shape

i tried PMing lafengas but he is MIA

Hmmm interested as well. I know of Frey the wheel man on east tupper.

If Lafengas recommended a place any reason you wouldn’t just take it there? Based on this DIY threads and what I’ve seen of his car I’m guessing he has very high standards when it comes to having work done.

[quote=“JayS,post:3,topic:31106"”]

If Lafengas recommended a place any reason you wouldn’t just take it there? Based on this DIY threads and what I’ve seen of his car I’m guessing he has very high standards when it comes to having work done.

[/quote]

i havne never founda thread where he said take it here, they do good work, i found one instance where he said these people do it… no other info

and frey the wheelman will not repair alum wheels… only steel truck wheels

If its the guy that works out of the Merc dealer, i dont think he does it anymore. i had a wheel repaired (it was bent) and painted by him. He said that within a year if it chips he will repaint, and he never returned any of my calls when they did ship. and he didnt round them all that well … still some shake on that wheel.

[quote=“Griff,post:5,topic:31106"”]

If its the guy that works out of the Merc dealer, i dont think he does it anymore. i had a wheel repaired (it was bent) and painted by him. He said that within a year if it chips he will repaint, and he never returned any of my calls when they did ship. and he didnt round them all that well … still some shake on that wheel.

[/quote]

was this a guy on main/transit? or are you taking about the guy out of OP

Screw Local. Send it up to the guys who host BurnFest every year. Rimpro.

http://www.rimpro.com/

[quote=“MPD47,post:7,topic:31106"”]

Screw Local. Send it up to the guys who host BurnFest every year. Rimpro.

[/quote]

Seriously if they are such exspensive rims why would you not send them to a well known reputable place?

[quote=“fiend540,post:8,topic:31106"”]

Seriously if they are such exspensive rims why would you not send them to a well known reputable place?

[/quote]

turnaround time…and not having to ship, they are big wheels, 19x10 and 19x8.5 so shipping would be about 80 each way…

rimpro FTW. fuck it tho, I’d get them half-ass fixed and dump 'em on some poor sot on eGay.
(kidding. i despise ebay… but I am not a fan of “fixed” parts)

they arent bent SOOPER bad, just the lip for the most part.

the rear one is kinda bad, and it wobbles a lot I’m I’m fla this week and if I can fix em I will

[quote=“dirtye30,post:11,topic:31106"”]

they arent bent SOOPER bad, just the lip for the most part.

[/quote]

I saw the rear rim off the car when he was at the track. The entire rim is bent, not just the lip.

it is just the inner lip that’s bent on the rear, the barell of it is just fine

Can’t you buy new lips?

I hear he does good work, i took one of my wheels there but he couldn’t fix it due to the way my lip is shaped.

doesn’t hurt to go talk to him and have him check it out.

I’ve been sending emails to rimpro back and forth, they respond quickly and seem to know thei shit, I’m sending my rims to them

You mean Tony? Let me put things bluntly. He is an absolute HACK. He’s cheap, and you get what you pay for.

[quote=“Griff,post:5,topic:31106"”]

[/quote]