LocalNet Interview

So yeah, I got an interview at LocalNet for tech support next week and I am pretty sure a few people on this board work there. I was just wondering if it was good job and what to expect… Also when they called I was driving so I didn’t really have the chance to write anything down they told me. I’m pretty sure they said it was on Autumn Creek but I am not sure, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

dos and aaron can get hired… anyone can.

shouldn’t be that hard of a job :wink:

Alot of the guys from LocalNet work at Time Warner now and left because the pay at LocalNet was shit, and a bad company. Im new to Buffalo so I guess I just listen and was like ok. lol

Boosted3g(Tom) worked there for a while and loved it up until it was bought out by another company and was only getting like 10 hours a week.

it was abought up by another company?

i am the one interviewing you, so wear a suit, and i will give u the NYSPEED exception

i dont think it was bought out by another company?

i know the person who does the tech support interviews…

Apply for Time-Warner. :wink:

hmm, mabey im wrong…

Oh snap.

are you really the interviewer lol

I worked there with aaron, not a bad job if you get along with the rest of the people working there. It was fun when I was there but that was like 2 years ago

el o el

lol… kristen you ass

yea… i worked there for almost 2 years. The pay is eh… the environment is pretty good… everyone is very chill… plus u can where jeans… hoody…hat… almost anything to work. The people you deal with on the phone are complete morons. You get to be online all day, so that is always a plus. I still know a few people that work there. Sean (OfficerK) on the board is still there. He will probably chime in

lol I just had a interview the other day with their lead unix admin…

the old guy… Nick R… is a douchebag.

I completly agree w\ skunkape…I was ther efor 6 months, and shure its not that long, its not because its a bad place to work. Jermey will make you wanna kill yourself while in traiing, but its not so bad. Most of the people calling in are polite adn they just forgot their password. Yea you will get some ass-holes, but thats w\ any job. If you work nights, you partly get paid to surf the net. it wasnt uncommin for me to get calls 15 min apart past 11pm. Im sure alot of great people still work there.
I’d recomend it, yea its nto as good as adelphia, but for $10 an hour its not too bad considering you still get health and such.

EDIT DO what now???

Time for me to chime in

I do still work there. It is not a bad gig, pay starts at $10 which isn’t great, but not bad either, especially considering I had no schooling in anything computer related, and the only experience I had was my own…

The company isn’t bad really. Its dial-up so we get some of the best and brightest for customer’s…

but yea it is very laid back as far as a work environment goes, most all of the supervisors you work with are cool enough…

and its 287 Commerce Drive, I’d suggest you do a little research on the company before the interview

my girlfriend works in customer service. she seems to enjoy it for the most part.

sounds like hell to me.

God i gotta get a non tech support job in the it field.