lol @ culture shock...

I’m in Tacoma Washington this week. I was at Hooters for dinner last night (naturally) and asked the girl for a “blue light.” Well this poor girl looked at me with the most confused look, as if I was speaking greek or asked her what the derivative of X^2 is. I seriously think she thought I was asking for Blue Moon Light. One of the guys I was with has traveled the US extensively, so he just leaned over to me and said “west coast.”

So tonight I’m having a couple at the hotel bar and telling this story to a dude from Greensboro NC and the hotel bartender. The dude from NC responded with “yeah I know of Labatt” and the girl just looked confused and says “I’ve never heard of it.”

I never would have guessed that Labatt was regional to the Northeast US. The things you take for granted when you don’t know better…

Oh yeah, and I had to lag down some components of the systems I was installing in case of earthquakes. Probably should have, but it never even crossed my mind…

yea i know what you mean, i was down in texas 2 years ago, and at one of the big loacl bars there, there was a big promotional thing for molson, they were jsut introducing it to the area lol, so i was all excited to have some beer from back home…

What do they drink then?

shitty beer.

bud. natty ice.

I asked some bum to buy me blue light when I was in florida with my parents a few years ago. he got all confuzzled. it was probably the crack though.

IE- Bud

Edit— Jam beat me to it…

Last time I was in Orlando, I couldnt even have a beer. They had absolutely NOTHING. I couldnt get molson, labatt, killians, sam adams, coors light, yingling, corona, dos equis, and on down the list… WTF I would have killed for a mich ultra at this rate. the options were like ‘bud light, milwaukee beast, somthing ive never heard of, moonshine’

Their 40oz were only 32oz and mostly not malt liquor. Then try to eat from their downtown pizza place while you are sober BLAH, no amount of alcohol could make me throw up as much as that can.

And the last time I was in a Hooters in Carolina, they brought us 50 breaded wings. They wouldnt throw that crap out and bring us “naked” ones bc we didnt request it that way. I had to take my licence out and throw a fit in order to get real wings

Nothing beats a ice cold PBR… $9.99 a case…
http://users.adelphia.net/~jbrandt1/images/pbr.jpg

That just made me thirsty… :beer2:

a bar with BEAST!?

:tup: to everyone i know who’s embarrassed to know me when i roll up to a party with my requisite case beast light/busch light. i admire you guys

if you want to know about culture shock go to japan witha mohawk:smash2:

lol. 1 dollar PBR at broadway joes FTW. i wonder if they still do that anymore.

anyways when i was in florida i ran into the same problem, no blue. ugh. somehow i managed though :lol:

Lol. my dad was sayin how his buddy was like hey we got beer…went over and they had “iriqois” or as my dad calls it “squa piss”. down in texas they never even heard of labatt or molson. its all mexican beer.

in north carolina if you can even find blue/blue light its like 10.99 a sixer and carona is 10.99 a 12pk

i was in a limo with friends in boston (all boston natives) i brought a case of blue with me, I ask someone to pass me a beer they hand me a bud, i say “no no the blue please”

the music stopped everyone looked at me

“you don’t like bud?”

“bud is shitty, shitty beer where i come from, thats why i brought the blue”

“dude, are you american? bud is the best fucking beer ever”

:rofl:

lol @ newman’s pics…

There are a lot of crazy haircuts in tokyo :3

I’m was suprised that they just didn’t send you the beer automatically and charge you for it on a monthly basis. Joel is a motherfucking beastly beast!

:word: yeah, and if you go to wal-mart, they have all this weird mexican shit, like ho-ho’s with the chocolate stuff, white frosting middle… as well as pureed pineapple :bloated:

corona’s 10.99/12 pretty much everywhere up there and down here, i don’t really see any price difference :gotme:

RE: fuzzy

you’re god damn right :tup:

RE: RE: You’d better believe it!