Beer Rating Thread

Formatting for this thread :

Post what kind of beer drinker you are (occasional, moderate, everyday, connoisseur)

What kind of beer you usually prefer (light, dark, ale, lager, pilsner, etc)

Beer Name, type
Rating (out of 10)
Value (out of 10)
Comments

I’m an occasional beer drinker. I usually drink hard alcohol on the rocks, or wine, but a beer every so often isn’t bad.

I usually am a very light beer drinker, not so much for taste, but for caloric sake.

Amstel Light, Lager
Rating : 8 of 10
Value : 7 of 10
Probably the best tasting light beer out there. Has a very decent amount of taste, doesn’t really taste like light beer. Doesn’t fill you up like regular beer is. A little expensive, but not so overpriced like most other imported beer. Doesn’t really give you a hangover if you drink a lot of them. Still pretty potent.

Miller Light, Lager
Rating : 6 of 10
Value : 8 of 10
Another very tasty light beer. But taste isn’t everything - yes, there is flavor and taste, but it’s not that good… After a couple, I find myself needing to switch to something that doesn’t taste like it. Doesn’t leave you filled up like regular beer. Kinda weak, I need to probably drink a couple more Miller lights than other beers to get the same buzz. Not bad if I am only going to have a couple.

Bass Ale, Pale Ale
Rating : 9 of 10
Value : 6 of 10
A fuller beer that doesn’t taste like shit! It’s not overly heavy, it’s not overly filling, but seems to be the perfect blend of whatever the hell they put in beer. Definately more expensive than most beer. Did I mention it’s very tasty? It’s almost perfect, and I like light beers usually.

I’ll do more later, the nyquil is starting to kick in.

this is my kind of thread!

type of drinker: moderate

Preference: Dark

Guiness Draught
Value : 6 of 10
Consistently good. I have never had a bad pint. smooth, thick and just delicious!!

Flyin’ Bison Avator Red
Value : 7 of 10
Awesome! Flavorful and strong!

Molson Canadian Lager
Rating: 6 of 10
Value : 10 of 10 (when it is on sale)
Nice beer when you are looking to take in mass quantities. light but not horrible like budweiser or any miller product. fun “twin label technology”

Labatt Blue Light
Rating: 9 of 10
Value: 7 of 10
Tatses the best to me, and always on sale lol. we just by a 30 and have a night or 2

Moderate drinker
Coors light
I cant find anything wrong with it
its almost the only beer i ll drink.
30 pack for $12 sweet.

Social Drinker
Killian’s Irish Red
For the most part, I absolutely love this beer. It’s a little sweeter than Molson Canadian, and in the same general range of taste. There is the occasional “bitter batch” which just pisses me off. The bitter batch shows up for me probably once out of every 20 times I buy it.

It’s a bit more expensive than the popular canadian beers, but when it’s not the bitter batch, it’s definitely worth the extra money. (regular price: $5.99 for a 6 pack, 9.99 for a 12. doesn’t come in any other sizes…at Tops anyway. haha)

:word:

:word:

occasional now, few years ago i used to drink alot of beer cuz i worked at a store that sold tons of small brew stuff

i love small brew beers. usually they are unfiltered and thats my fav. the less preservatives n a beer the better

Ommmegang, belgian ale
rating 10/10 (its my fav)
value 8/10 (comes in 22 oz bottles usually, and has more alc% so one bottle has some kick)
super smooth flavor. little to no bitter aftertaste. has a very nice aroma. if i still drank beer often enough, this is the stuff i would justify buying

moderate

genny!!!

Labatt Blue Light only
Rating :10/10
value 10/10

I’m in love with this beer. :slight_smile: I refuse to drink anything else because it all tastes like water to me.

Panther Ice 800
Rating:1/10 its liquid crack, bitch
Value: 10/10for $1.69 for a 40 oz
Taste: tastes like piss

we like to call it $1.69 of fun

Flying Bison Oatmeal Stout, Dark
8.7/10
7.5/10
Usually a dollar more per pint than the house brand. This beer is full bodied with little aftertaste. Not too bitter and very smooth. It cuts great with Samual Adams Cherry Wheat too!

Buffalo Brew Pub Oatmeal Stout, Dark
8/10
9/10
Very affordable and tasty. Not quite as smooth as the Flying Bison but definitely good.

Blue Moon Belgian White, Belgian/Wheat
9/10
7/10
Probably the smoothest beer I have ever drank. More than $6 per 6 pack but definitely tasty.

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, DARK
8/10
7/10
I’ve only drank this once but it’s heavier than Guinness but smoother too. It did give me a headache after drinking.

Functional Alcoholic

[left]Light beers (in color)

Labatt Blue/Light
8/10
10/10

Rolling rock
7/10
8/10

Miller High Life
2/10
10/10

-Cheater-[/left]

:tup: All though im a light drinker. I like mary more.

Occasional drinker :wink:
Light Beer
Coors light
10 out of 10
10 out of 10
It’s the Gatoraid of beers! I can drink it by the Gallon! :beer:

X…

moderate/wannabe-connoisseur)
I like them all… Dark if I am drinking a couple, light if i am drinking a lot.

Mill St Coffee Porter (Toronto)
Rating (9)
Value (7)
Comments
This is one of the best porters I have ever tasted, brewed by a master brewer in an old Gin mill located in the old distillery district, TO. The coffee comes from a coffee roastery right next door.

It is a little hard to come by, seeing as they will not ship to the US, you have to go get it yourself at the brewery, or find someplace over the border that carries it, and bring a couple 6packs back.

http://www.millstreetbrewery.com/beers_coffeeporter.htm

i thought miller was a pilsner?? :gotme:

anyways, i consider myslelf a moderate drinker and a b33r lov3r. I love beer.
typically i enjoy lagers and an occasional pilsner or pale ale or wheat beer

yuengling amber lager
rating 9/10
value 9/10
extended drinkability 7/10
review: excellent beer, great price awesome value. very smooth rich and full taste while still very easy to drink. for the money you cant go wrong

yuengling light
rating 8/10
value 9/10
extended drinkability 8/10
review: another excellent beer. a little less taste than regular yuengling but easy to drink more and not as filling. sacrafice a little taste for being less filling. still has excellent taste for a light beer

molson canadian lager
rating 7/10
value 8/10
extended drinkability 7/10
review: good taste, smooth and flavorful. not terribly filling either. very reasonably priced, and twin labels +1,

molson canadian light
rating 8/10
value 8/10
review: i prefer this to regular canadian. sacrafices a little flavor but is not very filling. easy to drink beer. Still has same clean taste as original molson. More flavor than many light beers

coors light
rating 7/10
value 9/10
extended drinkability 10/10
review: sacrafices flavor and taste for extreme ease in drinking. Very easy to drink anytime anywhere, whether it be at 9am tailgaitng for the bills or at 3am as your end of the night beer. Has a very clean and crisp taste, is also a very refreshing beer. IMO this beer is the jack of all trades, its good for anything

rolling rock pale ale
rating 8/10
value 8/10
review: smooth uniqe flavor and still is not very filling. has a good taste. however this commercialized pale ale is VERY different from a microbrew pale ale. this is a much more main stream taste

rolling rock green light
rating 7/10
value 8/10
extended drinkability 9/10
review: similar to regular rolling rock. it sacrifices some flavor and taste but is VERY easy and smooth to drink. If my memory is right, it is also one of the lowest carb beers around. (for those trying to avoid beer guts) IMO the only easier drinking beers are bud light and coors light.

blue moon belgian wheat ale
rating 10/10
value 6/10
extended drinkability 6/10
review: excellent flavor and has a unique taste. For something different you can put orange slices in this beer (similar to lime slices in corona) to give it a slighty different taste. (the bar root 5 puts oranges in blue moon and i think its awesome) this is one of my favorite beer flavors and tastes, unfortunatly it is filling and not easy to drink a lot of

sam adams winter lager
rating 9.5/10
value 6/10
extended drinkability 6/10
review: A great beer to relax with on a cold winter night. great taste and flavor. very dark lager and full bodied. it has a great taste but unfortunatly similar to blue moon it is also a very filling beer. I have found that this beer is better on tap than in bottles

bud light
rating 7/10
value 9/10
extended drinkability 9/10
a very easy to drink beer. Check the beer case to find a box with a fresh date stamped on it. Fresh bud light is very crisp and refreshing. this beer has many similar qualities to coors light. Very easy to drink, refreshing, cheap and a crisp clean taste

this ones for all the poor college kids on the forum

moderate, light beers

keystone light
Rating 8
Value 10
college kids best friend

keystone ice
Rating 3
Value 10
college kids worst freind

keystone regular
Rating 7
Value 10
red cans are a plus

natty ice
Rating 4
Value 10
natty left the S out… more like nastty

genny
Rating 6
Value 9

pabst blue ribbon
rating 6.5
value 10
another good cheap beer

blue light
Rating 9
value 7
my fav

moose head light
rating 9
value 7
good canadian beer if your up in the toronto area

My favorite beer of all time:

Custom Brewcrafters Hazelnut Brown Ale

Rating 10/10
Value: depends on if its happy hour or not

Similar in fullness to a bass or kilians, but with an amazing hazelnut flavor. If I had to drink one beer and only one for the rest of my days it would be this.

Available at Alternative Brews. Sooooo good.

Molson Canadian
Rating 8/10
Value 8/10
Review:good taste…goes down smooth, and i also agree an extra :tup: for the twin labels…

Blue Moon
Rating 9/10
Value 9/10
Review: Great Wheat Beer. Awesome taste to it…very smooth, and reasonable pirce.