Looking at getting another lens for T1i..suggestions?

Right now I have the kit 18-55 which has a broken AF so I have to manually focus it, a 1.8 50mm, and the 75-300. I use the 50mm a lot, and other 2 for some stuff. Thanks!

what are you looking to spend?

Under $1k it’s a hobby so I can’t go too crazy (yet).

What subjects do you mostly shoot?

Cars, peoples, anything nature related…wide variety I guess.

try to find yourself a 70-200 2.8 … awesome lens for ppl or cars and gets you enough zoom for just about anything you need … the canon guys can chime in on how sharp it is … and it goes used for about 1000$ … i use mine and my 50mm constantly …

I absolutely love my 70-200 f/2.8L IS.

I’d honestly sell that 75-300 and your broken lens, then get the 70-200 and a 24-70 f/2.8L as well. It doesn’t have IS, but it opens up pretty well. With those lenses and your 50mm, you’ll have a pretty solid hobbyist lens set.

/\ What Cossey said. Cant go wrong with that combo.

What focal length do you find that you use most often? Do you like the flexability of a zoom or do you prefer a fixed length (prime) lens that opens up a lot?

If you find that you like the 18-55 but want a faster/sharper lens you may want to look into these:

Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM
Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
Sigma 17-50 f/2.8

If the prime is where you want to go I’d check out these:

Canon 28mm f/1.8/Sigma 30mm f/1.4
Canon 85mm f/1.8

I’d ditch the 75-300 because it’s really not that great of a lens. If you’re not looking to spend a fortune yet want to upgrade from that lens, I’d pick up a 55-250 IS or maybe even the 18-200 IS.

It really depends on the range you shoot the most. It’s hard to recomend a lens because there are so many great ones out there.

I have the 75-300. Don’t use it much. When I do It performs pretty well. I’m sure I could of got something better tho.

Add another $500 to your limit ($1500) and I’ll sell you a nice Canon EF 85 f/1.2L II.

:rofl Every photo related post, I see you trying to sell that lens lol

Its a good lens, I just never use the fuckin’ thing lol.

haha yea def a sick lens. More for portrait photography though right?

Supposed to be from what I gather, good for just about anything though.
I think Nolan needs an 85L.

Indeed he does, but he also needs to eat :lol

Someday I’ll get myself some of dat L glass…

I want the 200L please!

:rofl
Not sure if I want to part with that just yet haha.

Trade 2hunj for said lens!

lolol.
I don’t need any more cars haha.