Looking for a good bike shop ASAP

Im looking to have some carb work done on my 89 ninja 600. I had to do some surgery on it this winter once I got it back from the previous owner (friend) and its been sitting for nearly two years without the proper storage treatment. I changed out the gas over the winter when I got it back since it was extremely old, however I believe the damage in the carbs was already done.

Therefor, I am looking for a person or preferably a shop to give the carbs a good cleaning. I rode it earlier today, and low to mid range the bike is very lumpy and hesitant at times. I’ve never needed a bike mechanic before now, so I’m not sure at where to look. Please don’t list off dealerships, I’d rather avoid them.

Thanks

pm kuntryquest, fixed my yzf600r when it wouldnt start =), i payed him like 150 when the dealership wanted like 700

Good idea^^^^^
I know steve custom cycle have ALWAYS been good to me.Treated me real good there and i only had them change some tires for me and he hooked me up.

Thanks for the help guys. I will PM him now, hopefully he can find some time to work on my heap

Balls, I got your PM. Some told me they wanted work done on a jet ski and dropped off a jet boat. wtf.
Its good it runs, I’ll look to see what I can get some carb rebuild kits for tomorrow. Will go from there, worse comes to worse I should be able to hook you up on the parts.

Sounds good man. I sent you my phone number so feel free to call me and lmk what you can do. Like I said it runs, I actually drove it up and down the street, but its extremely lumpy and rough. I just replaced the cam chain tensioner in it and the exhaust gaskets, but the previous owner let it sit for over a year so I think the carbs might need a tune or rebuild. I just dont want to do anything to it at the moment.

LMK if you can take the job on, I’d rather give you the work but like I said im in sort of a crunch time wise… Give me a call and we chat…

Thanks!

Justin from Sac’s racing. Good dude and he’s pretty cheap

no time for me :frowning: I am broke now anyways. lol

What’s his number? Id like to get this bike at a shop by the end of the week. Thanks!

i would also like to know the number for Sac’s racing i need to get some tires put on my bike

Justins prices are great for mounting, He works fast, and correct. Never had a problem with his work. I’ll be PMing both of you.

I am jammed right now, it would be a week before I could get to anything. I can get you carb rebuild kits for $18 ea. I think that bike has Kehin CV’s on it might be able to get away with a good cleaning but I would recommend needle valve assemblies. My wonderful verzion phone took a crap again so I no longer have a phone for a few days I’ll PM you my work number if you need anything.