ninja 250 help

Anyone on here know how to work on a 95 ninja 250 i just got from a friend of mine it needs a lil work and could use some help if anyone can stop buy my house and give me a hand and let me know were some stuff goes thanks.

What kind of work does it need? Carb rebuild? Plugs? Chain and sprocket?

i guess the guy that had it that i got it from did the carbs i just put spark plugs in it i just cant get it started.

So anyone wanna help get it started with me?

Where do you live? I could prolly swing by after work tomorrow.

Send me a PM

I don’t know if I can stop by, but I can try to help here if you describe the problem a bit.
Does the engine turn at all? Is the starter working? Describe the symptoms.

I guess i talked to the guy who first had the bike i know him and he said he had the same problem the bike has been sitting for a while and he had to have a motorbike store adjust the carbs after that he said it ran perfect. but it is trying to turn over but wont.

How long is “a while”? Did he store it with fuel in the tank? If so, did he put stabil in it?

Alright, so that likely rules out electrical.
When starting make sure the choke is on (even if it’s warm it may very well refuse to start without, mine does all the time).
If that doesn’t help check if it is getting fuel (drain carb bowls at the bottom, one allen bolt on each, turn and let fuel drain through the banjo bolts). Drain the tank of old gas and put fresh stuff in (could be water/dirt in the gas).
After, if the fuel is fresh and it is getting to the carbs but still no go, check the airbox, see if filter is obstructed or if there is crap in it.

If no fuel in carbs check the fuel lines and breather hoses as well as the fuel line coming from the tank for bends/obstructions. See if there is any rust/dirt inside the gas tank.
You can also use this to troubleshoot;
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page

Try this stuff and let us know if it starts.

Oleg is 250 ninja expert. I would say PM him if he hadn’t already chimed in haha.

ok i will try that stuff after work if anyone can come by my house i live on albany street and just show me some things on how to fix it cause this is my first time haveing a bike thanks everyone. just give me a pm if you can i get out at 4

ok well i sparyed a lil starter fluid into the carbs and it started up but then died after 3 sec so i think i need to clean out the carbs how do i get the throttle cables off the carb?

Before you decide to go and pull the carbs I’d dump the old gas and try everything else.
Removing, cleaning and putting them back on this bike is LOTS of work. Do it as your last resort.
edit;
Also, generally a bike with clogged carbs will start and run wich choke on, just won’t idle right or run without choke.
It would have to sit with gas in carbs for a couple years to clog the carbs to the point where it won’t run at all.

well i just got done cleaning it but i am haveing a hard time getting the cables back on alot of dirt was in the carbs and brown gas. so i think that was the problem

Follow the link I gave for tips on putting it together.
Was there rust in the tank?

just a fuck ton of gummed up gas and dirt and shit

dom you fail at postingm fuck you!

hahah yea i put the garden hose in the gas tank sparyed all the shit out now i have it out side drying out.

dummy, put it in the garage with a shop light beating on it for like a week so it dries completely and there is no sort of moisture in there :Idiots

Yeah, dry it indoors so it doesn’t start to rust or it will clog up fuel lines/petcock/carbs.
You can dry it for a day or so under a lamp and then put some fresh motor oil (just a couple tablespoons) in it and roll it around to coat the walls. That will keep it rust-free till you put the gas in it.

can i dry it with a heat gun? cause i dont have a heat lamp