Looking for comments on PRP track prep.. clean please.

it sucks, sucks, sucks, that is the worst track i have ever seen, even after (i heard 5 million) of repairs it still sucks, you would think for 5 mill you could build like 3 tracks…well maybe if you do the work yourself,

HEY, if anyone has the cash i know of some prime (industrial zoned) property right off of rt51 that is for sale, me and my dad tryed to buy a small piece of it bout 5 years ago to build a “restraunt hop shop hang out”, but we couldn’t do it, but the land is key, and ther is plenty to build a strip and it zoned industrial so you can make as much noise all night as you want…

:bigok: :hitit:

i just learned that VHT is 600 bucks for a 55 gallon drum… and tracks use a good bit of that…5-12 barrels a month, depending on how much they prep.

and all the expenses in water bills and electricity, that adds up to ALOT of money.

and i dont know how much money they bring in… but i can see some reasoning as why they dont prep the track all that well as we would like… vht is expensive and they probly tryin to save costs.

but then again, prepping the track does take some skill… lots of variables to consider…like weather/track surface temps, etc. right combination of vht and rubber needed on the ground to get the best surface possible

I know its been beaten to death, and I know its expensive to apply VHT, but track prep is the #1 reason why I dont go there anymore. There are other tracks that cost the same to get in, or just a little bit more, that have better track prep for the same distance I have to drive that it makes it worth it to go there even if other tracks might be a little slower.

The only other thing I dont like is the inconsistency in tech. I’ve seen cases where people get a hard time for not having long lug studs, yet high horsepower old school v8’s with nitrous and blowers dont even get checked for a driveshaft loop. By extension, if cars were teched more thoroughly and uniformly, IMO there would be fewer breaks during TnT.

Oh yeah, I guess being able to clean up a break in less than half my lifetime is there too on my list of gripes.

Most the time those cars have been there and have been checked before.

VHT may cost 600 per drum, I am not sure.
However there is no way they use more than 2 gallons on TnT nights. If anyone thinks they do just watch a TnT perpping… About a 2x3 sq. on each
rear tire area. So that would be about $21 dollars worth of VHT.
150 cars at Tnt @ $20 per is $3,000 - not counting spectators and $3.50 hot dogs.
So How do you test and tune a fast street car with limited tire? I can’t even watch MPH!
It would not have been so bad had I not beeen to other tracks and 60ft’ed better. MIR first pass beat PRP best of 1.45 after years of racing with a 1.41, and you can’t even argue elevation as it was 3000 ft da.

If the expense of VHT is the problem, then charge the 150 cars an extra dollar, that will cover 13 more gallons of VHT. Probelm solved.

good point, i never watched them prep before…

i was just throwin out some cost factors some might over look… it was in a Chevy hi-performance mag… about tracks and inside info in what goes on there. made me think about how PRP is handling the situation. still not very good, as although vht is somewhat expensive, its cost is minimal compared to other things like water/electricity, etc.

PRP what a joke. i think they prep the line with Crisco, have a MAJOR lack of communication with the “track officials” not knowing what is going on. 2 freakin hours to clean up an oil down this past Friday at the Bad Boys/Bad Girls joke of an event. Then they claimed to have worked so hard and volunteered to stay late so we could get 3 runs. No they did that so they didn’t have to issue a lot of rain checks. Everyone there needs to go to Beaver Springs Dragway or Mason-Dixon and see how a track is run.

The track prep is the worst ever. I’ve seen a lot of guys almost put it into the guard rail. They need to drop the gamblers race on test and tune 95 percent of the guys in it are bracket racers, Have it on race day and they need to do something about that damn gravel. O well that just my 2 cents worth.:burnout:

track prep sucked i trapped 98 but ran 14.4 in the right lane. gonna test out te left lane next time. o and the owners house puts scarface’s house to shame, he is making money by the truck load

Besides the track Prep, the dont allow All Wheel Drive cars to go around the water box. So they trac water up onto the crapy preped staging lane.

last time i checked. the front wheels on a rwd still go thru them and the back wheels on a fwd still go thru them also. so there is water everywhere.

Beaver dragway FTW. back into the burnout box. and then pull up. i love the sset up up there. but its like 2+ hours away.

right lane sucks…

60’ times same night…
1.90 left lane
1.92 left lane
1.92 left lane
2.29 right lane

and i think other people were having problems hooking the right lane…

i cant hook for shit in the left lane

To sum it all up…PRP is a joke. Poorly maintained and managed. All they seem to care about is the dollars rolling in while sacrificing quality and hurting the sport. With enough voices complaining and enough racers boycotting hopefully the message will be heard and changes will be made. If not they will go out of business and we can all open up the new PRP (Pittspeed Raceway Park).

For some reason I would always trap at least 2-3 mph more in the right lane as well. Left lane, the best 60" i could ever manage was a 1.81. In the right lane I can get consistant 1.71’s. More VHT in both lanes! Make a night thats just for street tire cars and a night for slick cars.

oh yeah running the front tires through the water box is a real good idea. set it up where you back into the water, just like BSD.

I made it up there once this year for that very reason. Could never hook well and figured with my new setup it would only be worse. Turned out the same as always.

Saturday brackets seemed ok but tnt nights are the worst. I tried blaming the M/T’s but the last time up I know myself and Nasty98 didn’t find any traction. Hard to want to go when you know you should have an easy 11 sec car and only hit mid 12’s because you can’t get off the line any better than from a stoplight on the street. I’m convinced PRP beat everyone to the boycot by boycotting track prep for the street nights. Cheap pricks.

We discussed the right lane last year 87. Same holds true this year. Looking at all my slips from last to the 3 I have from this year. May only have got 1 pass in the right lane but still the same 3mph faster like all the slips from the last year.

I hate the drive to beaver and quaker is to far from my end so I think I’m gonna give Mason/Dixon a try. If I like the drive better that’s probably where I’ll start going.