Looking for comments on PRP track prep.. clean please.

Looking to get alot of comments on PRP track prepping - I am not very happy with the fact that they prep about 3sq feet TnT…
I know alot of other people are un happy as well.
So if we get enough “clean” comments I can send it to them and maybe get
something done…
Also my car along with others traps about 3 to 4 MPH lower in right lane
compared to left…

Comments welcome please. Maybe if they agree to prep well and even raise
price 2 dollars or something.

I just think that they need to do a better job at prep for the first 330 or so.

best ever 60ft at PRP with years of practice there was 1.96 went to norwalk and 2nd pass pulled a 1.86.

I agree. the track prep is lacking. for 20 bucks racing fee, i want and expect a good surface to race on. i dont think that is too much to ask. my car is weak and still couldnt hook on et streets. i know alot of other guys complaining out there nearly everytime i go out there. the better prep would CERTAINLY help raise a good reputation of the track, which in return would lead to better business. i know ppl who have went out there for their first time or second and refuse to come back after having a horrible night due to track prep problems and time delays between clean up of down cars.

guy told me a drag car that traps upwards of high 200’s or something crashed and rolled over a few times at another track, Beaver springs or quaker city i believe, and pieces were everywhere!! but racing commenced in less than an hour. at PRP it seems like they take longer than necessary to clean up broke cars. It seems like time could be spared if they would quicken the pace of clean up.

also having slick cars not run on same nights as street cars… i like this idea. test and tune is for tryin out new combos and seein what can be gained or what was lost. slick cars that regularly race out there during the weekends for points/money should have their own night of testing which would better help them in tunning their cars and helping them get in more runs

Also my car along with others traps about 3 to 4 MPH lower in right lane
compared to left…

i trap up to 7 mph difference. last few times up i was trappin 96-98 dependin on weather, left lane. right lane i was trappin 92-93. in the cooler fall, i trapped near 101 in the left and still 93-94 in the right. two fluke runs were 95 and 96 mph in the right lane… come on… that dont make sense. something needs to be done to the sensors on the right side.

just my two cents on the matter

Thanks for the info guys!
There are alot of guys complaining on this board! Speak up here and maybe get something done about it…
I talked to frank about trap speed difference, he said there is something wrong with my car! lol…

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26576&highlight=prp

check on steelcitystangs.com also

Thanks,
Looking to stay more focused on these 2 problems…
My major complaint is - how do you test and tune when they don’t prep on tnt days? My car usually runs a good 1/10 faster on race days due to track prep… when un prepped its hard to tell what you will get, 1.4,1.5,1.7 60fts

Also as mentioned right lane always traps slower - but 1/8 mile is usually faster mph!.

they aslo need to drop the gamblers race,if u would get more runs ,the crouds would be bigger!

i believe the mph thing is because of the way that they have the sensors set up in the right lane. it only seams to be 3 gen f-bodys that are complaining about trapping higher in the right lane. i know both ofyou guys have that. so i wouldnt worry about that… your going just as fast. but the sensors are messed up.

i havent been to the track in over a year because of how poor the track prep is. the one guy i work with that has a stang refuses to go also. he makes his trip up into ohio so that he can get to “a alot f’n better track then that garbage at keystone” so my first trip in the Z will probably be to the track in ohio (the name slips me right now)

Quaker City

it only seams to be 3 gen f-bodys that are complaining about trapping higher in the right lane. i know both ofyou guys have that. so i wouldnt worry about that… your going just as fast. but the sensors are messed up.

yep it is very common on our cars since our lower air dam deflector hangs so low. and my car is lowered too and the deflector is only near 3 inch off the ground. any slight dips and it drops down and my theory is that it is trippin the beams early. to trap slower would mean the first sensor is tripped by the air dam, and then the second sensor is tripped by the tires, thus making the timing section between sensors about 2 feet longer than it should be.

i have a vid of me doing 13.99 at 92.6mph with a 1.88 60 foot. i’m sorry but your not gonna go 13s at less than 93mph on that 60 foot. i never seen any car do 13’s below 94mph

but its funny tho… cuz i trap 92-93 in the right lane reguardless of weather conditions. in the fall last year i went 100mph traps in the left lane but 93 in the right. last month i went 97ish mph in the left due to heat, and still trapped 92-93 in the right.

Track prep needs to be better! Not only for consistency, but safety of the drivers also. I think the price @ the gate is fair enough to get some VHT down!

PRP… what do you do? Its basically our only local track, so were stuck. If they prep the track better it would help for sure as my car on the stock turbos had traction issues even in 3rd gear only making about 450rwhp. You really cannot suggest to them that slick cars should not be able to run at TNT, that means they would need to be open another night for those guys. Which means, more workers, more electricity, more time… they make more money jamming everyone into 2 TNT nights a week. The more people in, the less days open = more profit… esp with a business like that with all the overhead. I think a more realistic approach would be to eliminate the gamblers race from TNT… when they are in a time jam on a TNT night, they ALWAYS put the gamblers race 1st and screw everyone else. You have to start somewhere and I would have to say start with some more VHT… at bigger tracks they prep like 1/4 of the track… at PRP they honestly do a 3x5 area… its sad.

if they drop the gamblers race & prep the track better!that would help a hell of a lot!

drop the gamblers race on tnt,prep the track and lower the food prices shit 4 people can eat at red lobster or any other good place cheaper. i already know they changed who they get the traction spray from and its worse. like they dont make enough money to take care of the racers if it wasnt for us there would be no track.they have apiss poor attitude if you try to talk to them on any issues.and hell if it rains on monday they call no tnt wed.guess they have to much money and dont care.maybe they should take a day and go see how a track should be run.

what is PRP’s altitude??

If they just did those 2 things… it would be a very good starting point.

the tracks elevation is 1250’

they aslo need to drop the gamblers race,if u would get more runs ,the crouds would be bigger!

YES!!

DROP THE GAMBLERS RACE DURING T&T ESPECIALLY ON WEEKNIGHTS!

It takes me an hour and half to get out there fighting traffic on 22 on a weeknight…I want to TEST and TUNE my car with several runs! Not watch people bracket race!

It absolutely SUCKS to get in two runs (YES, THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME) and have them start the Gambler’s race.

Also, why not have two T&T nights, one for slick cars and one for street cars? Fact is, street car do NOT get in enough runs on T&T nights there. I think that’d make everyone happy if they did this. I think we should be getting at LEAST FOUR and hopefully 5 or more runs in during 4 hours at the track on a T&T night.

I agree with everything that has been said. Eliminate the gambler’s race, and please for the love of god prep the track. I have also noticed the change in MPH from the left and right lanes. Almost 116 in the left and barely 110 in the right. There can’t be something wrong with everybody’s car.