PrP is moving up in the world

Not only a new wibsite, FINALLY! But a national event for 2009: http://pittsburghracewaypark.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

sweet nice to see things finally taking shape for them

Very nice. big thumbs up to PRP

very nice!!! saw that on the news about 2 months ago

I’ve heard down the grapevine from a few contractors I know that PRP is going to be going thru a MAJOR overhaul. dunno when tho

Sweet…glad to see there upgrading

maybe the times will be able to show… glad they are changing though

yup their 5 year plains moving right along!:rolleyes:

i always thought Quaker City was a nicer facility, but PRP is just a little bit faster.

so it’ll be good now, a nice, fast track.

QC sucks ass. i feel like im driving through Crafton in the staging lanes there, timings off, & track prep terrible. only thing nice about that place is its not crowded and it only takes an hour highway driving to get to

thats exactly what i was thinking

Quaker City is slower than other tracks because it gradually goes uphill beginning at the 1000’ mark. Track preparation has been quite good there also.

I’m not sure when you went, But I spent every Saturday there last year and my only complaint is I didn’t go over more on Friday nights.

no more import night… way to screw yourself out on money

They got new boards last september for the bracket finals.as of october 07 when i went the boards where working fine.

The car count is way higher on bad boy and girls…the first year they had import night it was a huge turnout after that people got pissed because a lot of them have no clue how to bracket race and would pay 20 bucks for 3 runs…

not exactly… People got pissed because of PRP’s cancellation of Import Night after everyone already showed up. People got pissed when they came up and the score boards did not work, or the timing equipment was off. People got annoyed/offended when the announcer treated the race like a joke. Sure there were some slower cars there, but there was some very fast ones too. I am fine if they don’t run import night anymore because the majority of the time it never happened. I had two “rain out” slips from the 2005 season. Granted we did have some bad weather, but there were a few situations when the track was not wet and it cleared up.

well weather could always mess up any race day event…but prior to this season they didnt make that much money.when the weather was good and there were no technical difficulties there still wasnt much of a turnout.i was in the 6cyl class and they were lucky if they had more then 8 cars show up.most of the cars that showed up would park and just watch…trust me the Tedescos wouldnt stop these events if they were makeing money.

6 cylinder class was always shitty… there are not that many fast 6’s around here… besides some GN’s, Dennis’ cousins Audi, and JP’s Supra now that he is back home.

PRP is ran horrible IMO, they defiantly treated the import guys like assholes. I honestly hate the place, the timing system was always messed up, we go there to see times and cars race and all you get to see is cars race without any times and the announcer that talks during the burnout so you cant hear any of the times.

Its basically the only track around here… so yes I will continue to go there… because I really have no choice in the matter.

Honestly… how can you quit import night… the import scene is just as big if not bigger than the domestic scene… thats like turning 1/2 of your customers away.

I really only enjoyed the import nights, sport compact etc… I’m into those kind of car’s. I don’t care to watch built and blown oldsmobiles and chevy’s go down the track. It’s just not me Only domestic v8’s i care to watch are mustang’s and firebirds/TA’s. Just me tho…

Ya i enjoyed it to. I liked seeing curt browns evo and talons and the 13 second beetles. I deffinetly agree about how its run. They need to hire more bodies because we could easily get more runs in if it was just organized better. but with all the stuff that went on the turn outs got worse and worse.partly is there fault i deffinetly agree.what you all should do is email them. Frank who is who is 1 of the owners usually responds within a few days. Iv emailed him before about other things. Maybe if enough people email them they might make a spot for import nights again, who knows:dunno:. But I do wonder if it has to do with sponsership. because i no langston did it for a little while and so did slow boy

I honestly hate the place, the timing system was always messed up, we go there to see times and cars race and all you get to see is cars race without any times and the announcer that talks during the burnout so you cant hear any of the times.

Its basically the only track around here… so yes I will continue to go there… because I really have no choice in the matter.

Honestly… how can you quit import night… the import scene is just as big if not bigger than the domestic scene… thats like turning 1/2 of your customers away.

Sucks they dont have import night, but every time i was at the track they never had any timing problems. The ET boards at the end of the track were down for a few weeks but not a big deal to me, i got my slips still. Just my luck i guess… i never had any problems there really except ppl blowing up their cars and spraying oil everywhere causing an early end to the night. that was once this year

And i think the import scene is alot smaller than domestics. there are FAR more V8 cars up at the track on a given night than 6 and 4 cylinders. not that i dont like imports and smaller motors cuz i really do, its just what i’ve seen so far