Looking for new job

I think you’re being just as ignorant with this post. IT is a whole different field in itself and whilst people who come out of school focusing on IT related stuff do sometimes do well, you have to understand that it really isn’t just what you know… it’s who you know.

That actually applies to any field.

I never finished school, took whatever I knew and threw it on whoever I knew, and I am happy to show up at my job everyday, making more money, and making more great contacts (at one of the top investment companies in the world) than 99.9% of my friends who graduated undergrad AND some post graduate school and are now doing nothing but slaving away being miserable at their job that pays donkey dick.

Your spoon fed non-real world expertise will land you a job, sure. How successful will you be? Well, that all depends on you, and how you carry yourself, and of course, your work ethic.

Don’t ever shrug off people who don’t go to school. School is important, but it is also just like the rest of the business world : it’s trying to get your money. Gen Eds? For the most part, worthless. A requirement, to keep you in school for a certain amount of time so you have to spend a certain amount of money. Interesting? Some of it, yes. IT people who are only spoon fed information (See: Guys who have no experience but go study their ass off for the CCNA, MCSE, etc) from colleges come out and realize that most of the shit they learned in college was useless, and when they are working next to some 25 year old who doesn’t have a degree and I’m answering all their questions and doing shit 100x more efficiently because “I’m not going by the book”, seem to feel a little cheated by the system because they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, yet they really aren’t prepared for real world situations.

That being said, my company is paying for me to go back to school, so why not?