Looking for singer and bassist for bitchin band!

It’s basically indie/progressive/melodic hardcore. No screamers, must be able to sing good, even if you want to yell sometimes, at least 18, we are 21-23 you’re not going to make it if your 16, sorry.

Also need bass player, must be good, not looking for someone to just play root notes here. Also must have road worthy equipment with good sense for tone and how it sounds with the band.

Here are a couple home recordings to give anyone an idea if they want to be part of this. Direct any e-mails concerning interest to jarrodrose@yahoo.com, this is NOT my e-mail, but you should send an e-mail that way if you want to try out.

http://www.myspace.com/fearhonestly

Some of those parts are very jawbreaker-esque which is a good thing.

Double bass needs to go, though.

Other people said the same thing about WWH’s double bass(same drummer) but the kid is really good at drums and loves double bass. We want this band to be creative and fun so if that’s what he likes doing it’s fine with me.

There are some cool odd meter parts we have come up with as well, harmonies and cool scales are also something we will continue to utilize, so if this sounds like your kinda thing, holla back at us.

Maybe it’s just my punk roots, but i think double bass is the worst shit ever.

no it’s those terrible xVEGANHARDCOREx roots. I’d rather here double bass than BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS as fast as possible.

B=bass
S=snare

double bass? worst shit ever? these words should never go together!

I was a drummer in a band. I double bass drummer.
http://www.icompositions.com/artists/ThrowntotheWolves
listed to Ice in the lungs, that was me drummin. I left the band, so I’m not the drummer on all of the songs there.
Just the early rough sounding recordings.

that’s a blast beat. i hate blast beats too.

but really. double bass is crap, unless it’s in like 80’s hair metal or something.

Now a good fast beat is Bass on 1 and 3& snare on 2 and 4 with rides on 1234… NOT just 2 and 4 or 1 and 3. Fucking cheater beats.

that band is the worst shit ever.

had to look at the MS page, because that one wouldn’t load. but… really?

If 3& is meant to be the “and of 3” then yes that’s a good punk.

But I’m not looking for punk here, and even though there is double bass we aren’t looking for metalcore either.

80’s speed/videogame metal would be sweet but I definitely don’t have the chops for that, can’t shred. :frowning:

yeah. idk if it’s correct convention, but i always say 1 1e 1& 1a 2 2e 2& 2a etc…

I know you’re not going to be metalcore, i thought the riffs were really good, and the drumming was good too, but then the double bass made me :bloated: wtf. Just seems too out of place.

you guys sound pretty good, if i wasn’t already caught up in my band i’d definitely check it out

Sounds good.

I play bass, and there’s tons of opportunity for some killer riffs here.

Good luck with your search.

ill sing. ha. shit, and play bass.

Come on… double base is sawweeet.

:slight_smile: Good luck J-Dog Tee-back.

(I hope your car doesn’t break soon either.)

I know someone who is 17 who is an amazing singer he lives in Buffalo Love Joy He needs a band bad

I have always felt double bass is good in moderation.

I hate when the music is dominated by it, but its really nice for certain fills and parts.

trying out a couple bass players this weekend hopefully, so if you can sing, give us a ring. AHAHAHA, actually e-mail us.

I like the sound… its fresh I totally got that jawbreaker sound reference

too bad my 60watt amp probably won’t do for a show. Always had an ear for music just never had the money for good equipment.

those who knock double bass and blast beats usually can’t do them properly. Especially one footed blasts.

We added a new song, check it out.