looking to buy a vw gls 1.8t

Don’t hijack his thread. :nono
If he doesn’t want it, we’ll talk. ;D

i might want it let me see should be going to look at this car tonight if its good i will have some cash to buy shit i will let you know thanks.

$3500 is cheap. I paid like $6800 for mine with 80kmi. It was one owner though, and in really good condition.

You’ve gotta be really careful buying a high mileage VW though. Make sure it’s got a good history report and records of everything, otherwise you’re in for a bunch of problems.

Jason, did you miss my monster post about the exact same thing?
High mileage doesn’t mean anything. So SHUSH! :tong

Like I said before and like he just backed me up on - As long as they cared for it, and can show you proof that they cared for it, you should be okay. The miles aren’t even THAT high. My ‘99.5 had 150k and she’s still kickin’ with the new owner. Only problem I had with her was when I ripped off the oil pan. :lol

I’m sorry but I didn’t take the time to read the whole post.

ok i looked at the car that post i posted about the ad was for her other passat a blue one i was looking at her silver one i went today and checked it out it a passat gls 1.8t 20v and has 120,000 miles it is daily driven and not beat on at all the owner said the last owner put a new enginee in it and she is trying to find paper work saying that so i am going to car fax it if anyone can come look at it with me that know’s more about them that would be great its 15min from albany st my house let me know thanks…

120k ughh… its prolly sludged up, the front end will prolly need to replaced like ball joints and shit… this is not uncommon on the B5 platform. passats are big and heavy cars. look for a golf/gti or jetta.

i have been looking cant find anything i test drove the car didnt seem like there was any problems

OK. GO LOOK ON VWVORTEX. MY BUDDY FOUND A MINT 01 JETTA ALREADY CHIPPED AND 55K AND PAID 5500 BUCKS. GOOD DEAL

i tried no one wil ltalk to me on there wil you come with me to look at the passat… i found he said the engin was replace in 03 with 75,000 miles on it.

the passat/ a4 1.8t’s share many similar issues, 1 being sludge, 2 wastegate actuator failure, then the A4’s you have control arms,abs modules( passats as well) rear diff seals on the A4’s are known issues, did i mention Sludge. if the motor was replaced and there is documentation take a look, but be weary of them. B5’s arent bad, just gotta do a thorough inspection of them. i can take a look at it, but im NOT driving anywhere

well let me see what they guy said i am only going to pay 3800 at the most im not paying 4500 if he does 3800 i will pm you i can pick you up or something i wil let you know

There is also a '99 black GTI for sale on want ad.