looking to buy a vw gls 1.8t

im looking to buy a gls 1.8t if you know any one let me know thanks…

what are you lookin to spend? golf/jetta? 5spd/ auto?

are you the guy who asked me if 120k was good? oh, did your buddy finagle with the boost some after i tweaked with it?

yea i am the kid that was there yea we drove the vw and its all good now boost fine he just has to mess with it some more it was to dark and i was looking for 5sp gol or gls just has to be turbo.

nice.

forums-> classifieds -> mk4 cars. you should be able to find something in decent shape.

128k miles
1.8Turbo, 5 speed manual
power locks
power windows

Cylinder head, timing belt, and water pump all replaced last January

All front aluminum suspension linkages and tie-rod ends replaced last summer

I like the pick-up that the turbo gives this car, but I cannot afford to keep it (it is too big for my needs) and I am moving and need to get rid of one car (my wife and I have two Passats between us, a 99 and a 98, each with roughly the same mileage - the 98 has a sunroof)

there also is a 98 silver one same milies what do you guys think its only for 4000 i can lower him prolly…

What year? Depending on the year 4k sounds about right…
P.S. - All GLS will have power locks and windows. It’s not like it’s a special option. And most should have a sunroof too. If they got real fancy, you’ll have leather. And heated seats.

Oh, and also… if it’s a '99 remember that 99.5 is the MKIV. A '99 is an MKIII body style.

well there is a silver one and a blue one she is selling bothfor 4000 but the miles are 125000 isnt that high on vw.

i cant find anyother one;s any were and ihave 5000 to spend

It’s high on a VW, any more than it’s high on any other car.
If the car was well cared for, it’s not going to make a difference.
Do you want any 1.8T - or a Jetta or Passat in particular?

i want a gls turbo or passat but do youmthink it is a good deal i mean i can lower her miles are high but i should prolly replace coils timming belt?

GLS is a trim model, not a car model. So you can get a GLS Passat, or a GLS Jetta. And either one can have a 1.8T - But it can also have a VR6, or a TDI for that matter, so don’t just go looking for a GLS. Look for a 1.8T if that’s what you want.

Ask them if the belt has been changed, and if they have had any problems with the coils. If the car has that many miles on it, but no problems with the coils, it still might not be a bad idea to change them. As far as the timing belt goes, the ad says that it has recently been changed. Make sure they have a record of this, and you should be fine.

As far as pricing goes, that’s pretty much dead on. You can try to push her down to around $3500 but that’s about as low as I can see them going. Anything under that is even under what KBB says it’s worth, and the car looks pretty clean from the pictures you posted up.

Have your mechanic or someone who knows VW check it out with you, make sure it’s not a basket case. Other than that, I say if you like it - Go for it.

ok thanks alot man o can you put a blow off valve on the passat turbo.

A blow off one vents the boost pressure to atomosphere giving the loud noise, but in an 1.8t engine the ECU has already accounted for that air so if you vent it outside of the system you could get a fault code. A recirculating valve will blow that air back into the system.
Many times blow off valve = check engine light for VW
Get one that will recirculate, it will still make the “PFSHHHH” sound, just not as crazy loud, but it will keep things running the way VW meant them to be.

ok a forge one… are you form around albany colonie if i ever need help with the passat i live right on albany st near 155 do you think you could help me out.

I live off Albany street, but trust me there are guys on here that know alot more than me. Pretty much the guys that I learned from. If it’s a problem I can’t help you with, I can at least point you to someone who will know the answer.

ok thanks…

I have a samco sport d.v I’d sell it to you for $65 they are $180 new. and nicole this one was pretty loud on my 1.8t

Yeah they can be loud, but I’ve heard some loud ass BOV’s… I duno which he was looking at, just thought I would give him fair warning. :lol

Oh, and yeah sell it to the kid who doesn’t have a 1.8T, not the chick who already does have one. Loser. :tong

nicole you want it? its just sittin up in my room collecting dust :lol