Looking to have custom work done to some Workbenches...

Kind of a long shot on here, but Im looking to have 2 Knaack work boxes customized.

I need this box:

http://www.toolfetch.com/tools_images/images/items/knaack44c.jpg

Custom painted inside and out to look like this:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c136/jxaxexgxexr/MISC/AerialVieMobileWB.jpg

I would supply the boxes and graphics, just looking to have the boxes taken apart and painted IRWIN Blue to match our race car.

Let me know if anyone is seriously interested or knows of someone interested in doing this type of work. I would need these completed by March 8th.

Thank you,
Mike

wow those thing look heavy?

Hmmm how much could I get a box for, or maybe partial payment for the job?

The box runs around $850, but I am looking to get them for less.

I have a couple leads on the paint work already…

Basically the reason for this is that I am sick and tired of vendors bending us over on cost for this type of work. It isn’t that difficult, but in their defense the folks that are having things like this done, just don’t know any better and pay whatever.

how much does a vendor wind up charging for the paintjob ?

There is a little more to it then paint. They are doing the paint, graphics, and adding diamond plate to it.

Let’s consider reasonable pricing: (my estimates. Tell me if paint is otherwise)

Box - $900
disassemble, paint, reassemble - $600-700
Graphics - $100
Diamond plate (fitted) - $500

So that’s about $2300 including labor. (guesstimate)

They want over double that per box.

Am I being unreasonable?

edit:
I can get the boxes for about $750
I can have the graphics made for about $75 and do them myself.
Diamond plate top is nice, put can be done for less.

Its just the paint work that I can’t do.

Thats insane… Yeah I’m sure you could get it done for less…

u should get them powdercoated…that would look sick and it would hold up better than paint- especially on a toolbox

what kind of paint is used. i wanna do my tool box

good call ^

It is a specific Sherwin Williams custom automotive color to match the race car. Can you use that specific paint in a powder coating process?

might be able to. if not, i bet they could get it damn close. IMO as long as its close, no1 will notice, or r u really gonna have this thing sitting next to the actual racecar at some point?

All of the other marketing vehicles and trailers we use are that same color as the actual car. These boxes will be around the retired race cars we use for show events and such.