Lotus Climate Control Modification I came up with...

I’m only one mod away from a sweet new Euroswitch!

after looking at this again, i feel its too busy looking with the different logos on it…

Seeing that first picture, all I can think…is I have to get new bulbs for my halogen lights.

j/k nice mod, looks much better.

Looks better :tup:

X…

why is this shit not in a DIY thread or project thread instead of 15 different gen auto threads?

I’m trying to figure out a good way to cut the laminated faceplate… Right now I’m using an exacto knife, but it looks shitty prior to install. Trying to find a 1/2" hole punch…

Anyway, once I figure that out I’m going to make a new one that has no logos.

Girl

definently like the lighting better…but agree with the additional logos being “clutter”. Then again, i’ve always been a fan of subtlety yet have my “LAFENGAS” logo everywhere. I’m a hypocrite.

Hole-saw mabey? Then a countersink to clean it up with a micro chamfer?

i’ve got hole punches for cutting gaskets. 3/16" up to about 1-1/4" if you would like to try.

http://www.csuchicoag.org/AgMech/ImagePages/images/BeltPunch.jpg

we have those in the shop. It didn’t work very well…

how about giving the punch just a light tap…then using the exacto knife. That would give you a pattern to follow and the chamfer on the face. Mabye a dremel with a sanding drum to fine tune.

?

I liked the before better.

The logos are definitely too much. Keep it simple, stupid.

Otherwise looks awesome!

lol, what was that conversation we had the other day Newman?

Laser is your best bet. I could cut them for you at work…

Why don’t you just make one? Machine a two parts with a really tight clearance. If you make it tight enough it should cut well.

He can also cut them at work. :wink: Do we have two or three lasers now?

Good work, but I agree with it being a little distracting with two logos.

looks too cluttered with the added logos and stuff.

Find a 1/2 hard steel tube 4130 maybe.
Use a Dremel to bevel/ knife edge the lip on the inside.
Get it razor sharp. I would rough in and finish with a half round file.

Use a cardboard notepad backing to punch on.

lose the lotus / exige logo, that looks ricey and stupid (its like people putting ///M stickers on fucking EVERYTHING). cool idea / well done otherwise.