Love4boost cant sell his car yet because.....

Learning the basics of car control in a controlled environment is retarded?

a camaro with 18s doing autox

… Your point? Have you ever autocrossed at all?

Yessir

And plenty of cars autocross with 18s. Hell, my friend Alex had 18s on his E30 and still did very well at nationals. The one local event where I met him, he was FTD and just scrubbing in the tires for nationals. With a good tire, wheel size means little.

ok ok … I was meaning just seeing a camaro autox would be retarded . Especially referring to a guy that does nothing but roll racing and digs. I personally don’t think I will ever see ssmokinss autox in my life.

It doesn’t matter what car you have… why is a camaro autoxing retarded? And if that’s all he does is roll racing don’t you think doing other events might help him become a better drivers?

relax clifford

Wow Laduke, even for you that’s dumb

Werd. I’ll prolly be autox’ing the M3 once I get it back to learn the car more. Autocross is an excellent tool for basics.

Not locally, but in my Sports Car mag (w/ SCCA membership), I always see a bunch of fox body Mustangs, older Camaros, etc… And they do very well.

Just saying that I highly doubt sssmokinsss would do an autox event … just saying . RELAX HOLY SHIT !

It’d do him good even for roll racing, throttle control and having a better feel for the car’s characteristics in…uh…low-traction instances would be beneficial.

Domestics do work.

ok for arguments sake, I personally dont think I will ever do a Coned course auto x event in a parking lot.

I would never get out of 1st gear, and if I did, it would be for a second in 2nd. I have a big cammed V8 for a reason. That reason is far away from auto x.

I would rather go on a 1 mile long coarse and do laps.

AutoX is a lot more fun than you think it’s going to be.

thank you sir … that is all /

yeah autox sucks but anything is better than nothing

and as much as I hate to admit it, having some autox under your belt would help you a lot, and probably prep you for hpde/track days if you wanted to do that, and you literally dont have to change a thing on your car to do it well.

youre not trying to be competitive in autox, you can leave it in 2nd, you have enough torque/midrange to pull off even the smallest autox courses with enough power.

the RPI autox is tiny and i drifted around pretty much the whole thing in 2nd, and i have less than half the torque you have.

This.

I have seen camaro’s, mustangs, chargers, and even a magnum auto-x. Why is it retarded? It is all about beating yourself and the clock. Don’t matter what ya drive.

ehhh. I have no doubts it would be fun, but I would like to get on a actual road coarse where I can get out of 1st. I cant even use 1st on the streets, yet alone trying to use it on a coarse where thats the only gear I will be in.

I’m with you. I’d rather be on a track than a parking lot, but sometimes you take what you can get. Running around in 1st with that thing will improve your launch 10000x.