lowering property tax?

Anybody here get their property taxes adjusted after home values dropped or if they bought a house for less than the assessed value? Is it as easy as going to the county clerks office with documentation or is it a pita proceS?

A phone call to the county clerk’s office is a good start.

Have fun with that…

Yea well what carol da-da at the local county office tells you and what actually happens can be two different things

actually it’s done through the town/city/village assesment office…usually there is a grievance day once a year for this…

the gf and i were looking at this property but taxes were $8k a year, and this day was in march so we said fuck it…

they have people that just show up at your house every few years BUT if you want your house reassessed than that is probably is something you might have to pay for

get my taxes lowered while you’re at it?

The entire town of Coeymans/Ravena/Selkirk had their houses reassessed.

My parents home (which they bought for $60k 15years ago) was assessed at $270k. A bunch of people fought the crazy hike in taxes (we all felt the assessments were bloated in order to increase taxes a little more) and my parents had it knocked down to like $230k.

Its not as easy as a phone call to the Clerk. I had to argue infront of the town board. I was able to get them down quite a bit. I’m also in East Greenbush so our taxes are out of whack here.

LoL Ilya that is exactly what is wrong with our politicians they do what they can to get ya, Life now and we all need to remember is no just fighting back BUT we a citizens need to monitor our government closely

Yea this is in north greenbush. I really want to get a place in Rens. County, but damn their taxes are crazy

good thing you dont live in dutchess anymore…

Yea seriously. Actually makes rens. look appealing

Ughh i could go on for days about this… Im paying 6k a year in town, property, school bs all bc they reassesed right after i rehabed my house, all u can say is if some one wants to pay me 10k less then what they appraised it as, i would be overwhelmed with joy an want to kiss them.