home owners.... what are your taxes???

well, when i looked at my current home compared to others it was by far the best in my price range. Only issue were the taxes. But we decided to live with it. This is my first home and cant help but to feel that i could be living for cheaper somewhere else.

i live in the village of depew.

including my village, county,school tax i end up paying around $4600 a year.

The neighbor hood is safe and nice, and there are constantly police walking the beat, or driving around on golf carts, or just crusin around my neighborhood. This is great and all, but im not sure if its worth the extra money i pay to live in a downward spiral town/village but i do love my home so i deal with it for now.

I guess im curious about what other people are paying and if your happy with it???

I don’t complain about my property taxes for a few reasons:

My assessment is ~30k low.

Patrol cars are almost always around.

Radar cars are nearly ever present.

The middle school is top rated in WNY.

The high school is top 100 nationally.

The roads are plowed and salted whenever I need them to be.

:gotme:

2008 Town/County Tax Bill: $1,777.11
2008 School Tax Bill: $1,460.89

Total Assessed Value: $107,600

This is in Amherst (Snyder), Amherst Central schools, Smallwood Dr. Elementary. Plenty of police presence and roads are cleared before the snow stops. (Unfortunately)

$2300 in west seneca.

Never had a problem with anyone in the town, police cars cruise by.

Snow is always plowed and salted. I had to call public works to get them to clear a sewer in front of my property, they came in 2 hours to take care of it.

Garbage pickup is excellent, they take anything.

My same house in buffalo would have been about 1100 in taxes per year, its worth the extra grand to be in West Seneca.

grrrr, im paying too much.:frowning: what the hell are the benefits of living in a village anyway apposed to a town?

5700ish :frowning:

where do you live?

I live in the village of depew. justa4door live like 5 millionmiles away somwhere at the end of the 400.

<< 2600 here

Town of Ton.

lol end of the 219… i have 13 ac lot and a 3200 sq ft house… oh and a corner lot … i live 5min away from Eville

1200+ sqft
~6 acres
Killer school.

henrietta (SW rochester)
~ .2 acres, 1600sqft

taxes are around 4k, the house was assessed at 150k.

Edit: $3550

Cheektowaga

Still not happy.

4800 , bought house fir 175, assesed at 161, town of Lancaster

city of buffalo taxes FTW. Everything else not so much
I thinks ours are like 1200/year last I remember

$7000
Williamsville school district:roflpicard:

$3600 in Cheektowaga. $3000 with STAR.

wow, sucks to be you guys!

X2…

$3400 in Rochester and around $7000 for my summer house in Clayton.